J1 Transfer

tejabvrm

Hello,

I have a question. I am on J1 Research exchange visitor visa. I got a new offer same J1 from another sponsor. I would like to take it. But my current supervisor/professor is not allowing me to do that. What should I do? I am struck. Any inputs ?? Thanks much

This is a tricky situation. Mostly your current PI will not give you a good recommendation letter or worse he will not give one at all. Give a 2 week notice period and ask the other PI's HR to start processing your J1 (DS2019). You will get a grace period of 30 days from the time your current DS2019 is canceled to either leave US or get the DS2019 approved. Your international students and scholars office would help you.

@ jairichi

Thank you so much for your reply. I got approval from other PI and they are waiting for my response. Even my current sponsor is willing to do this transfer, but my current PI has to give her approval to my current sponsor before starting this process. She is not doing that and giving me hard time :-(

What shud I do now?

@ jairichi

Thank you so much for your reply. I got approval from other PI and they are waiting for my response. Even my current sponsor is willing to do this transfer, but my current PI has to give her approval to my current sponsor before starting this process. She is not doing that and giving me hard time :-(

What shud I do now?

I am very surprised about you saying that your current PI has to give approval. For what? J1 work is like any other normal job. You resign and join a new employer.

Archived