i797 expiring after 221g

pranav11

Hello experts,

My h1b stamping was stuck in consulate from past one year under 221g. I just go my visa stamped (stamped date, 5th Sep 2013 ) with expiry date 1st Oct 2013 (i797 expiry) .

My employer is willing to take me back on my previous role.

1) Should my company file for extension of my h1b or should it file application to recapture the lost time?

2) Can extension be filled if I am outside the country. If the employer is same, do I need to pay a visit to consulate again?

3) If I decide to travel asap to US, what are the chances of trouble at point of entry given that I will hardly have around 10 days remaining on my first three years of h1b?

4) What document I should keep handy to make my poe experience smooth?

Waiting for your expert comments!

Hello experts,

My h1b stamping was stuck in consulate from past one year under 221g. I just go my visa stamped (stamped date, 5th Sep 2013 ) with expiry date 1st Oct 2013 (i797 expiry) .

My employer is willing to take me back on my previous role.

1) Should my company file for extension of my h1b or should it file application to recapture the lost time?

2) Can extension be filled if I am outside the country. If the employer is same, do I need to pay a visit to consulate again?

3) If I decide to travel asap to US, what are the chances of trouble at point of entry given that I will hardly have around 10 days remaining on my first three years of h1b?

4) What document I should keep handy to make my poe experience smooth?

Waiting for your expert comments!

(1) Yes.

(2) Yes.

(3) Ask for premium processing of your extension.

(4) Better to have your approved extension

Archived