H1B approved @ Toronto - 09 sep 2013

mrav85

Thanks to all who shared their experiences. Here is mine!!!

I had my interview at 10.00 AM, started standing in the queue from 9.30 AM. Got a chance to enter @ 11.45 inside... Such a long queue... Omg - horrible to stand for such a long time....

Gave my folder at window 2 (Chinese lady) verified the docs and wrote PIMS - okay.... ( I already got the confirmation from my attorney that they did send the approved petition to KCC)

She asked to wait for my token number to be called...

Counter 9 guy called and asked for fingerprints... The asked to wait for the interview... Such a big queue... Asked to wait outside as the chairs were full inside....

Counter 7 guy called my token (again a Chinese guy) - :)

Questions:

Vo: Pointing out my employer in H1B petition - asked is that your

employer?

Me: yes

Vo: do you have an end client?

Me: yes... Told him the client name

Vo: how long you have been in us?

Me: xxx years

Vo: bachelors your highest degree?

Me:no.. I did my MS in SS @ BITS pilani India...

Vo: omg here comes the tragedy... He asked about my thesis / dissertation I did in my MS....

Me: I totally forgot the title of my work... Though I remembered the functionality of the software... Explained him..

Vo: I am approving your visa..have a good day... . He was typing all thru when he asked these questions...

Me: thank you sir. Have a good day!!!

Not even more than 2 mins... So quick and done as expected!!!

All the best guys!!!!

Hi,

I am staying at a place which is around 11 miles from the consulate. I got this guys details thru one of my friend. I drove my car from Michigan. Also, near the consulate I got parking for $16. (2 mins walk from there) He provides accomodation, Internet, Parking, Dinner (mostly, I got it yesterday) for CAD$ 40 per day.

Please send an email to my address. I can give his details.

Thanks,

Mani

Hi,

I am staying at a place which is around 11 miles from the consulate. I got this guys details thru one of my friend. I drove my car from Michigan. Also, near the consulate I got parking for $16. (2 mins walk from there) He provides accomodation, Internet, Parking, Dinner (mostly, I got it yesterday) for CAD$ 40 per day.

Thanks,

Mani

Hi,

I'm also from Michigan and planning to drive to Toronto us consulate. I don't know how to send you email in this forum hope this works*********************atyahoodotcom. 

Thanks,

Karthik Kandra.

Hi,

Thanks,

Mani

Hi Mani,

I have added email to my profile and please send me all the details to that email.

Thanks,

Karthik Kandra.

Hello ,

I would like to share my exp on my stamping on Sep 9th at 8:00am [ VISA APPROVED]

Went to consulate at 7:00am in the morning .....There are no one at that time but with in half hour there was long queue and people who have appointments at 9diff timings  also were in line .

The lady from consulate came at 7:35 around and asked who have appointment at 8:00am and she sent rest of the people away and said to come back before 20 minutes before the interview time . All the 8:00am appointment people were in the queue . In btw i am the first one to enter the embassy as an applicant on Sep 8th .

secuirty check .after that they took the passport ,DS160 and kept in a blue folder and aksed to go inside counter 1 where we need to submit the blue folder and these lady checks the PIMS and any other information . SHE worte on my DS 160 ......PIMS OK ..i was little relaxed at that time . gave me a token as V001 as i was teh first and told me to wait . the time was around 8:00am ..i enteed the embassy after 7:45am ish .

Waiting for 15 min ish ,  started calling the tokens for finger prints . They started calling from V002 ,V003, until V006 . I was tensed as my number was not called and was curious what was the reason and went and asked the security guard any reason my number is not called . He siad " just wait they are not calleing sequentially "  . I am back to my seat and next my token was called to give finger prints  counter 9 probabaly or counter 10 . She told go back to seat and relax they will call . The finger prints token was V0016 .going on .

Heard a call again for my token V001 to counter 6 .this is the final interview call ..An american guy and as per other applicants told the chinese guy was in counter 7 i think . the time was sth around 8:40am ish . Questions asked :

1) Are you married .....any kids ........is ur husband a citizen in us .....

2) where did u do masters and which branch

3) r u with the same employer after masters ....i said no .....i changed to the current employer three months before and told my previous employer name

4) what is ur role with current employer

5) what do you sued to do for previous employer

VISA approved .

He didnot ask any documents ...i anxiously took out LCA ..but he didnot bother to ask ...I wonder whether he knows i am an full time employee or contracter even . I recenty moved to full tiem job keeping in mind my stampng . LOL

I immediately asked him .how to pick up my passprt and what about my I 797 A form .........VO  said " pick up in MARKHAM LOOMIS branch and we will keep the I 797 A " form .

The space is very limited in toronto embassy and 8:00am appointment means they did interview at 8:45pm .FYI

Thanks to all who shared their experiences. Here is mine!!!

I had my interview at 10.00 AM, started standing in the queue from 9.30 AM. Got a chance to enter @ 11.45 inside... Such a long queue... Omg - horrible to stand for such a long time....

Gave my folder at window 2 (Chinese lady) verified the docs and wrote PIMS - okay.... ( I already got the confirmation from my attorney that they did send the approved petition to KCC)

She asked to wait for my token number to be called...

Counter 9 guy called and asked for fingerprints... The asked to wait for the interview... Such a big queue... Asked to wait outside as the chairs were full inside....

Counter 7 guy called my token (again a Chinese guy) - :)

Questions:

Vo: Pointing out my employer in H1B petition - asked is that your

employer?

Me: yes

Vo: do you have an end client?

Me: yes... Told him the client name

Vo: how long you have been in us?

Me: xxx years

Vo: bachelors your highest degree?

Me:no.. I did my MS in SS @ BITS pilani India...

Vo: omg here comes the tragedy... He asked about my thesis / dissertation I did in my MS....

Me: I totally forgot the title of my work... Though I remembered the functionality of the software... Explained him..

Vo: I am approving your visa..have a good day... . He was typing all thru when he asked these questions...

Me: thank you sir. Have a good day!!!

Not even more than 2 mins... So quick and done as expected!!!

All the best guys!!!!

Congts mani how long did it take for you to get ur passport back?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived