H4 to H1 - First tim H1b stamping in Canada?

saiara

Hi Friends,

My wife came to US on H4 visa and changed the status to H1 and working. She does not have US degree.

-  Can we go for visa stamping in Canada? This will be her first h1b stamping.

-  I read in multiple sites and they mentioned with out US degree, its not possible to get visa in Canada. Is this true?

Please share your thoughts and experience if you have come across the same scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Friends,

My wife came to US on H4 visa and changed the status to H1 and working. She does not have US degree.

-  Can we go for visa stamping in Canada? This will be her first h1b stamping.

-  I read in multiple sites and they mentioned with out US degree, its not possible to get visa in Canada. Is this true?

Please share your thoughts and experience if you have come across the same scenario.

Thanks in advance.

There are times where people have gone to Canada for their first H1B visa even with out an US degree. It depends. Best is to go to home country.

Hi Saiara,

Mine is a similar case got successfully stamped @sep 3rd at Vancouver. Mine was first time H1 stamping with status changed from H4 to H1, I have done my Masters in India. I have carried my Education Evaluation to be safe but was not asked for it. The VO asked for my education details and I told him about the Bachelors and Masters from India both from non-IT. He asked me to show my W2, pay stubs , LCA. This should not be a problem if all other things are clear. Be confident.

Cheers

Hi Saiara,

I am in same situation.

I dont know what to choose in between India and Canada.

Looks like you are going through all forums and taking suggestions from people , so did you come to any conclusion?

Please share your thoughts that will be so helpful.

I came to USA on H4B . Got H1B , working since 1 year 5 months.

EVC model.

Changed employer before extension.

Hi Saiara,

Mine is a similar case got successfully stamped @sep 3rd at Vancouver. Mine was first time H1 stamping with status changed from H4 to H1, I have done my Masters in India. I have carried my Education Evaluation to be safe but was not asked for it. The VO asked for my education details and I told him about the Bachelors and Masters from India both from non-IT. He asked me to show my W2, pay stubs , LCA. This should not be a problem if all other things are clear. Be confident.

Cheers

That's good to know geet_1. Thanks for sharing. Did you have only H4 before this H1?

Hi Saiara,

I am in same situation.

I dont know what to choose in between India and Canada.

Looks like you are going through all forums and taking suggestions from people , so did you come to any conclusion?

Please share your thoughts that will be so helpful.

I came to USA on H4B . Got H1B , working since 1 year 5 months.

EVC model.

Changed employer before extension.

We have already submitted ds 160 and made appointment at Toronto. And came across cases mentioning without US degree can't go to Canada for visa stamping. So, totally confused now. planning to do some more research before taking decision.

• 2 years later...

Archived