DS 160

bsa2008

Hello,

I am filling up DS 160. I plan to get my H1B stamping done in CANADA.  I have following questions. If any of you can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

1. In the beginning, in the "Getting Started Section" we are asked to select from where we shall be applying visa. I said from "CANADA,Ottawa". Does it matter which country and place we choose.
  2. In Personal Section, we are asked "Full Name in Native Alphabet". Do we need to fill it or say Technology Not Available
  3. In Personal Section, we are asked National Identification Number and US Tax Payer ID, from where do we obtain US Tax Payer ID and National Identification Number
  4. Do we have a Passport Book Number ??
  5. In Travel Section, we are asked "Purpose of the Trip to USA". I mentioned 'Temporary Worker' and 'Specialty Occupation' in the specify section. Is this correct ??
  6. In Travel Section, we are asked "When will you be visiting US". If we are already in US and if we are going to CANADA for sole purpose of stamping what should be mentioned in the dates ??
  7. In Travel Section, we are asked, intended length of stay in US, I put one year as my H1B expires next September 30th. Is this correct ??
  8. Where do I find Visa Number ?? My Last US Visa issued was F1-Visa. After that I have been on H1-B but this is the first time I shall go for H1B stamping. 
  9. To the question " Do you have any relatives in US", Is it advisable to say we have relatives in US. The reason I ask is when I was applying for F1, I think I was told not to mention as they might consider us a potential immigrant. Just Curious ??
  10. What should be the answer to "Has anyone filed an Immigration Petition on your behalf in United States"? My Green card is in process and my LABOR has been approved

This is fairly long list of questions. Hopefully they are not too bad. Please advise me.  

Thank you all in anticipation,

Hello,

I am filling up DS 160. I plan to get my H1B stamping done in CANADA.  I have following questions. If any of you can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

1. In the beginning, in the "Getting Started Section" we are asked to select from where we shall be applying visa. I said from "CANADA,Ottawa". Does it matter which country and place we choose.
  2. In Personal Section, we are asked "Full Name in Native Alphabet". Do we need to fill it or say Technology Not Available
  3. In Personal Section, we are asked National Identification Number and US Tax Payer ID, from where do we obtain US Tax Payer ID and National Identification Number
  4. Do we have a Passport Book Number ??
  5. In Travel Section, we are asked "Purpose of the Trip to USA". I mentioned 'Temporary Worker' and 'Specialty Occupation' in the specify section. Is this correct ??
  6. In Travel Section, we are asked "When will you be visiting US". If we are already in US and if we are going to CANADA for sole purpose of stamping what should be mentioned in the dates ??
  7. In Travel Section, we are asked, intended length of stay in US, I put one year as my H1B expires next September 30th. Is this correct ??
  8. Where do I find Visa Number ?? My Last US Visa issued was F1-Visa. After that I have been on H1-B but this is the first time I shall go for H1B stamping. 
  9. To the question " Do you have any relatives in US", Is it advisable to say we have relatives in US. The reason I ask is when I was applying for F1, I think I was told not to mention as they might consider us a potential immigrant. Just Curious ??
  10. What should be the answer to "Has anyone filed an Immigration Petition on your behalf in United States"? My Green card is in process and my LABOR has been approved

This is fairly long list of questions. Hopefully they are not too bad. Please advise me.  

Thank you all in anticipation,

(1) No

(2) Leave it blank

(3) Your SSN

(4) Your passport number

(5) Yes

(6) The date you intend to enter US after visa interview

(7) Yes

(9) You should mention your relatives name & details. Nothing wrong anytime. 

(10) If you have filed an I140 your answer has to be yes.

Archived