H1b ammenment

Lucky304

Hello all,

I am going for stamping to Canada so I have question my H1b was applied for one state and I got 3 yrs I 797

but i am no longer working  in that state I am working on different state so for stamping I need ammend my H1b  I have LCA everything  please help me.

Hello all,

I am going for stamping to Canada so I have question my H1b was applied for one state and I got 3 yrs I 797

but i am no longer working  in that state I am working on different state so for stamping I need ammend my H1b  I have LCA everything  please help me.

I believe you need amendment. Wait for other members opinion.

USCIS's position has changed over time regarding moving from one location to another. Currently, USCIS generally takes the position that if the work location has changed from what is on the I-129 when it was approved by USCIS, then the Petitioner must filed an Amended H1B Petition with the new LCA. While getting a new LCA might be sufficient for DOL, and while it might have been sufficient once for USCIS, it is generally not considered enough nowadays. One does run the risk of a visa refusal for lacking an approved H1B Petition for the new location.

Archived