Change of employer while opt application is in process?

Apple.87

Hello,

It would be of great help if someone can reply to my queries.

I applied for OPT in last week of July and still in initial review. I tried to expedite my case as I have a joining date in August. I got a reply from the IO asking my DSO to send an email supporting my request. My DSO didn't agree to that saying that the job offer letter must also mention the offer will be rescinded after a specific date.

I applied OPT with Employer XYZ and last week I received an offer from ABC, which is infact my dream company to work for. I mentioned to ABC that I am awaiting EAD card. They can wait until last week of September.

What should I do now? Please suggest!!

1. Should I ask my DSO to generate new i20 and submit it to the TSC and request them to expedite? Or will it create a confusion and delay the processing time?

2. Initially, when I requested to expedite, TSC's IO asked my DSO to send an email supporting my request, which was not done. DSO hasn't responded to Immigration officer. Will it create a problem?

Please help. I greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Hello,

It would be of great help if someone can reply to my queries.

I applied for OPT in last week of July and still in initial review. I tried to expedite my case as I have a joining date in August. I got a reply from the IO asking my DSO to send an email supporting my request. My DSO didn't agree to that saying that the job offer letter must also mention the offer will be rescinded after a specific date.

I applied OPT with Employer XYZ and last week I received an offer from ABC, which is infact my dream company to work for. I mentioned to ABC that I am awaiting EAD card. They can wait until last week of September.

What should I do now? Please suggest!!

1. Should I ask my DSO to generate new i20 and submit it to the TSC and request them to expedite? Or will it create a confusion and delay the processing time?

2. Initially, when I requested to expedite, TSC's IO asked my DSO to send an email supporting my request, which was not done. DSO hasn't responded to Immigration officer. Will it create a problem?

Please help. I greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Contact DSO.

(2) Yes.

Archived