Double OPT

CLIENT1981

Hello, 

Here is the current situation.

• I am on F1- OPT status currently employed.
  • My wife is on F2 status.
  • She was a student at a university here in US (on F1) and graduated with a Bachelors and Masters degree. 
  • In 2010 she graduated with M.S. degree and applied for OPT. Once she got her OPT card, she worked for a couple of months. 
  • Now she is on F2 and wants to apply for jobs again and resume her professional career. What is the most logical way of doing it ? 
  • Is it possible for her to apply for jobs on F2, i.e. can someone hire her after she clears the interview and sponsor her for H1-B and will she be eligible to work along these lines ? 
  • Can she come on F1 status by getting enrolled for some courses and then apply for OPT again ? Can a student get OPT two times for a same level of degree course ?

These are important questions and based on the answers we will be able to plan the next move. Thanks in advance for your consideration and help.

Regards,

Hello, 

Here is the current situation.

• I am on F1- OPT status currently employed.
  • My wife is on F2 status.
  • She was a student at a university here in US (on F1) and graduated with a Bachelors and Masters degree. 
  • In 2010 she graduated with M.S. degree and applied for OPT. Once she got her OPT card, she worked for a couple of months. 
  • Now she is on F2 and wants to apply for jobs again and resume her professional career. What is the most logical way of doing it ? 
  • Is it possible for her to apply for jobs on F2, i.e. can someone hire her after she clears the interview and sponsor her for H1-B and will she be eligible to work along these lines ? 
  • Can she come on F1 status by getting enrolled for some courses and then apply for OPT again ? Can a student get OPT two times for a same level of degree course ?

These are important questions and based on the answers we will be able to plan the next move. Thanks in advance for your consideration and help.

Regards,

On F2 she can not work. Since she did her OPT with M.S degree and If she needs another OPT she needs to enroll for Ph.D.

She needs to find an employer willing to give her a job and file a H1B petition next April and upon approval can start working from Oct 1st 2014.

Archived