H1-B RFE premium processing

geetharajan

Hi,

I applied for my H1 on April 1st and got selected in the lottery process. my status was changed to "INITIAL REVIEW". This visa was submitted in regular process. 

My status was changed to RFE on Aug 22nd 2013; almost 4 months from the time they receipted my application. 

I know would like to submit my H1 RFE in premium to avoid further delays. 

I wanted to know if there are any disadvantages or extra scrutiny because I am submitting my RFE in premium while my visa for the first time was applied in regular.

Please advice.

P.S: Also, I am currently on L1-B which has got expired and my company has filed for an extension for L1- too. I have not received any communication on that yet.  

My attorney informed me that RFE in regular processing could take 3-4 months. Although the processing time is 60 days on the website, there is no fixed time in regular processing.

Although I am not running out of time immediately, 3-4 months is a very long time for me to wait as my L1-B has already expired and with USCIS for extension.

If the decision is not really influenced, I am seeing that there is no harm in applying as PP. 

My attorney informed me that RFE in regular processing could take 3-4 months. Although the processing time is 60 days on the website, there is no fixed time in regular processing.

Although I am not running out of time immediately, 3-4 months is a very long time for me to wait as my L1-B has already expired and with USCIS for extension.

If the decision is not really influenced, I am seeing that there is no harm in applying as PP. 

Yupe, their is no harm by upgrading it to PP.

Archived