Education evaluation - qualification for h1b

babut

Hi

I have a question about eligibility for H1b.
The USCIS website mentions that the minimum required qualification should be equivalent to a US bachelors degree. My wife is planning to apply for H1b visa next year. She has a 3 yr bachelors in Commerce and a 2 yr Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management. We had her credentials evaluated and for her three years degree they gave the equivalency as "US equivalency: Three years of undergraduate work towards Bachelors of Science Degree in Commerce" and for her Post Graduate Diploma they gave the equivalency as "US equivalency: Bachelors of Arts Degree in Fashion and Retail Management". Based on either of these degree evaluations or both combined does she qualify to apply for the H1b visa? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Prem.

World does not beging and end with IT  as some member think ,  nor is there any law which says that H1 can be issued only for IT .

Your wife can probably get H1 for Retail Management  if she get a job in that field.  However,  remember  CIS has the right to reject the educational evaluation.   Also,  she cannot apply for an H1.    An Employer can apply for an H1

Her first step is to find a suitable job .... and then  discuss with Employer's Attorney. 

omshiv and Chakrakr.. Thank you..

Omshiv : Totally agree with what you say. She doesn't have any intention to work in the IT field. Her job will be related to her qualification and experience.

Chakrakr: She will find an employer willing to sponsor her visa. I also agree that USCIS can reject the education evaluation.

I have however not been able to find any agency the USCIS really recommends. So, regardless of where we get the evaluation done

USCIS still has the right to reject the evaluation. I am not so worried about that. Given the current evaluation, which is in the post above, and assuming that she finds an employer who is willing to sponsor her visa, I wanted to find out whether she meets the minimum requirements for H1b visa. We would like to find this out sooner than later because if the above evaluation renders her ineligible for H1b, she won't even bother applying for jobs etc.

Thanks.

I wanted to find out whether she meets the minimum requirements for H1b visa. We would like to find this out sooner than later because if the above evaluation renders her ineligible for H1b, she won't even bother applying for jobs etc.

It's better to contact an attorney to find out whether that job is eligible for H1 or not.

Archived