Returned government funds and still denied J-1 waiver?

angelcaido

I'm subject to the 2 year HRR due to my government paying for part of my education. No US funds were used, though. I'm thinking of returning the money they spent, and they have told me they'll give me a NOL once I pay. My question is: 

Has anyone paid the money to their countries and still did not get the waiver approved by the DOS? I'm gladly return the money, but I want to make sure that DOS will (most likely) follow my country's NOS instead of going into debt.

I'm subject to the 2 year HRR due to my government paying for part of my education. No US funds were used, though. I'm thinking of returning the money they spent, and they have told me they'll give me a NOL once I pay. My question is: 

Has anyone paid the money to their countries and still did not get the waiver approved by the DOS? I'm gladly return the money, but I want to make sure that DOS will (most likely) follow my country's NOS instead of going into debt.

If you repay your government and received a No Objection Letter (NOL) DOS will not stop forwarding a favorable recommendation to USCIS based on that.

Archived