Now on OPT with COS from H4 - F1

Manisha.com

Hello, 

I entered USA with H4. While pursuing MS changed status to F1 and graduated successfully in May. Now working on OPT from last three months. 

My husband's I-140 has been approved and waiting for 485 now. 

The situations are like we have to visit India. Now my concern is, 

As I am already graduated and I-140 approval shows clear intent of being in USA. With all this will I get my F1 stamping? I know each case is different, But I just want to know the risk involved. Also worst case if I don't get stamping what other options do I have with me. If i reenter on H4 can I again apply for F1 being graduated from school. 

Please give me some suggestions and guidance. 

Thank you. 

As I am already graduated and I-140 approval shows clear intent of being in USA. With all this will I get my F1 stamping? I know each case is different, But I just want to know the risk involved. Also worst case if I don't get stamping what other options do I have with me. If i reenter on H4 can I again apply for F1 being graduated from school.

F1 after graduation is almost impossible. What's the need of F1 after graduation??

just search in this forum, you will get lot of posts.

Thank you Rahul. 

I was wondering if I can travel once my H1b will be approved or do I need to wait till October? With this, when I will go for stamping, what visa will I get, with approved H1B will I need to apply for H1B or again the Student Visa since my H1b might have October start date?  

Thank you Rahul. 

I was wondering if I can travel once my H1b will be approved or do I need to wait till October? With this, when I will go for stamping, what visa will I get, with approved H1B will I need to apply for H1B or again the Student Visa since my H1b might have October start date?  

Didn't understood what you are trying to say.

Once your H1 is approved and if you want travel then you have to attend H1 interview if you want to enter on H1. If you enter into US with H4 after entering into US again you have to file COS from H4 to H1 in order to start working on H1 from Oct 1st.

Archived