I-94 in I-797

jai026

Hi,

I got my H1B renewed.  I will be travelling to get my visa stamping.  At the bottom of I-797 there is an I-94.  The instruction say that we need to tear the I-94 from I-797 and attach it to the I-94 (white) in the passport.  Do I need to surrender both the I-94 in the passport (white) and the I-94 in I-797 to airlines before departure from US? 

Please advice.

thanks

Hi,

I got my H1B renewed.  I will be travelling to get my visa stamping.  At the bottom of I-797 there is an I-94.  The instruction say that we need to tear the I-94 from I-797 and attach it to the I-94 (white) in the passport.  Do I need to surrender both the I-94 in the passport (white) and the I-94 in I-797 to airlines before departure from US? 

Please advice.

thanks

Any one will do. If you want you can give both. But, scan them for your own records

No you dont need to....tear the i-94 from i-797 just surrender ur old i-94(white) from passport while exiting the country and when reentering the CBP officer will keep the bottom right part of i-94 on ur i-797 and will staple the bottom left part to a page in ur passport.

and since i-94 is automated u can just print a copy of it from cbp site....the stapled one is just for our personal records....

based on my experience when returing to usa lastweek....

Archived