H1b Visa Approved @ Vancouver on Sept 3rd 2013

rsriyans

First of all i would like to thank to Murthy.com and all the guys who have posted their visa experiences which have helped me a lot in preparing my VISA interview . 

Here goes my Preparations for my VISA interview.

Amendment Approved : May 1st 2013

Booked visa Slot : August 6th 2013

Submitted DS - 160 : August 12th 2013

Gathered all the documents that are listed in the following thread 

My Background

Master in US 

First H1b stamping was already done in Mumbai with 221g Query (i was stuck in india for almost 45 days which wasn't as bad than i expected)

EVC Model

This time i am going for my Extension stamping (Same employer on which i was stamped before in india)

Interview Day

My Appointment was at 10:30AM . I was inline at 10:00AM and after thorough checking and for about 20 mins wait in the line, we were sent inside the building . After going into the building security guys will do a thorough body scan and you will be sent to a seating area where your finger prints will be taken and will be provided you with a token . I was seated for almost 3 hours 30 mins in the seating area, which was actually frustrating . The air condition wasn't working, too many applicants which caused suffocating and as it was raining we have experienced leaks in the seating area . Finally at 2:15 my token number appeared on the screen and i was taken to 20th floor for my interview with VISA CONSULAR . On 20th floor , there was again 30 mins wait time as there was only 2 counters which was open out of which Counter 3 was open all the time and the another was kind of on and off .

Finally my number appeared on the screen for interview and i was interviewed in Counter 3

VO was middle aged guy who seemed to be very quick

VO : What do you do for your Company

ME : I am blah blah blah

VO : How many years have you been working with your company ?

ME : X Years

VO : Since how many years your are on H1B ?

VO : What are your roles ?

ME : Gave a clear explanation, so that he understand our IT related words . Which actually helped.

VO : DO You have a client ?

ME : YES

VO : Who?

ME : Blah Blah

Vo : For how long you are working for this client ?

VO : Who was your previous Client ?

VO : Can i have look at your current year W-2 and Paystubs Please ?

ME : Given

VO : Can i have look at your LCA ?

ME : Handed over

VO : Ok, Sir . All your documents looks fine . I am approving your visa . Please go through these documents to pick up your passport which might actually takes 2-3 business days

ME : Thank you sir .

Thats it guys . Be confident and have smile on your face while answering .

Cheers!!!

First of all i would like to thank to Murthy.com and all the guys who have posted their visa experiences which have helped me a lot in preparing my VISA interview . 

Here goes my Preparations for my VISA interview.
Amendment Approved : May 1st 2013
Booked visa Slot : August 6th 2013
Submitted DS - 160 : August 12th 2013
Gathered all the documents that are listed in the following thread 

My Background
Master in US 
First H1b stamping was already done in Mumbai with 221g Query (i was stuck in india for almost 45 days which wasn't as bad than i expected)
EVC Model
This time i am going for my Extension stamping (Same employer on which i was stamped before in india)

Interview Day
My Appointment was at 10:30AM . I was inline at 10:00AM and after thorough checking and for about 20 mins wait in the line, we were sent inside the building . After going into the building security guys will do a thorough body scan and you will be sent to a seating area where your finger prints will be taken and will be provided you with a token . I was seated for almost 3 hours 30 mins in the seating area, which was actually frustrating . The air condition wasn't working, too many applicants which caused suffocating and as it was raining we have experienced leaks in the seating area . Finally at 2:15 my token number appeared on the screen and i was taken to 20th floor for my interview with VISA CONSULAR . On 20th floor , there was again 30 mins wait time as there was only 2 counters which was open out of which Counter 3 was open all the time and the another was kind of on and off .

Finally my number appeared on the screen for interview and i was interviewed in Counter 3

VO was middle aged guy who seemed to be very quick

VO : What do you do for your Company
ME : I am blah blah blah

VO : How many years have you been working with your company ?

VO : Since how many years your are on H1B ?

VO : What are your roles ?
ME : Gave a clear explanation, so that he understand our IT related words . Which actually helped.

VO : DO You have a client ?
ME : YES

VO : Who?

Vo : For how long you are working for this client ?

VO : Who was your previous Client ?

VO : Can i have look at your current year W-2 and Paystubs Please ?
ME : Given

VO : Can i have look at your LCA ?
ME : Handed over

VO : Ok, Sir . All your documents looks fine . I am approving your visa . Please go through these documents to pick up your passport which might actually takes 2-3 business days
ME : Thank you sir .

Thats it guys . Be confident and have smile on your face while answering .

Cheers!!!

Congrats...I too had the interview yesterday same time ..I was number 135 and got approved too

Hello to everyone.

First of all, I would like to THANK YOU to Murphy's forum for being a good source of informations to all who is going through the same situation....especially to all the members who quickly answers question of the same nature.Thank you very much guys...now it is time to give back and share my experience.

I too had my interview yesterday at 10:30 AM. Earlier that time , it was raining very bad..thank GOD, it slowed down during my appointment time.

My appointment was at 10:30 but we were already lining up around 10:10...from the line a series of check already started...no cellphones, no sealed envelopes....they will ask you to get your DS-160, passport and I-797 together inserted in your passport ready.

Then we proceeded to the ground floor which seem to be like a mezzanine floor because you have to go up a few stairs up. From there, there will another security check but is more strict.They will ask you to remove all the contents of your pocket, belts removed and documents placed on the tray (like the one airport security used)then you line up again until you are asked to enter with your tray carried by you.

Then as you enter the tray will pass thru X-ray scanner then you enter the door on that side for scanning then you wait for your try on the other end and have your documents pick up and fix your self.

Prior to the waiting area, there is a lady in the counter right in the door entrance to collect your DS-160/passport/797...BE READY FOR EXTRA PHOTO because they might ask one if they are not satisfied with the electronic submitted...I was asked to provide a new photo and it was good I had brought 2 copies.

After that lady takes those mentioned documents, she will give you a number or token then this is the time you can sit and wait for your number to be called by keeping an eye watch in the TV monitor in front of the waiting area. In this waiting area you are waiting for your number to be called for the finger printing...then after finger printing you will be asked to go back to your sit ..by this time she will give back your passport/DS-160/1-797 (double check if you have all these).Then with same token number , wait for the number to be called to go up 20th floor for the final process which is CONSULAR INTERVIEW.

I was number 135 ,,,it was a a bit of a long wait , I think it was a very day due to after holidays.

Finally I got up in the 20th floor and I was called in Counter 3...the officer is very cool and is still young and is kind of quick in asking question...and here is the whole interview process:

Me: Morning officer, how are you?

Vo: Morning, am good. Thank you

Vo: What is your position on this company?

answered

Vo; Oh , it is a very interesting job, I heard about that but not so much familiar..can you explain me further the process of what your company and how does it help your clients?

Me: Explained the whole process and he was amazed by the technology of my company

Vo: Do you have your old passport with your old H1 visa stamp?   

Me: Give my old passport and then he stamped cancelled to my old expired H1 B stamped (this expired stamped was done in the philippines last 2006)

Vo; Can I see your LCA?

Me:   Give LCA

Vo:Can I see your pay stubs?

Me: Give my last 2 years of pay stubs

Vo: Can I see your last 2 years of w2?

Me: Give him my last 4 yeas of w2

Vo: Did someone downstairs explained about how you get your passport back?

Me: Yes sir

Vo:  Good, You visa is approved and here is the instruction as to how you get your passport back. He also give me a booklet to read about employee's right and told me to read it if have time.

Me: Thank you very much officer...then I asked a question..officer can I ask a question?

Vo: sure

Me: The I-797 will be returned with passports upon pick up right?

Vo: Yes it will.

Me: Thank you again and have a great day sir.

Vo: You too.

The interview took all 2-3 minutes , he talks very fast at the same time type informations..whatever those info he is typing. He was very cool but very fast talker.

To all incoming interviewees...it is very normal to get nervous/anxious/scared...believe me I have all those terrible feeling but as soon as you are able to answer the first question it will just go away and everything will go as like norma conversation.

The important ting is, you have to carry all the necessary documents that you have because that build up confidence on your interview..believe me I was carrying 2 heavy binders of folders...but it helps confidence that you have whatever he needs.

Right now am waiting for my passport to be pick ...

Friends...just a share of thought...PROCLAIM...DECLARE....CLAIM THAT GOD HAS ALREADY APPROVED YOUR VISA.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE....if you Have questions...message me..

apologized for the detailed experience...I just want to share and hope to be of help to other...by the way MY BACKGROUND IS AM A FULL TIME DIRECT HORED EMPLOYEE ON A 7 YEARS OF H1

First of all,  many thanks to Murthy forums and Congratulations to all members above on their success with interview. 

I too got my approval yesterday at Vancouver. My slot was at 10 AM but, by the time I came out it was almost 2 PM. 

Even though the result is fruitful, my experience too is not very pleasant. 

Since it was raining heavily in the morning, I carried my documents file in a backpack. But, the consulate doesn't provide any rack to keep the bags ( they do hold cellphones and watches). You need to go to a nearby store to secure them.

I would suggest to use a plastic cover instead to protect your file incase of rain.

Like @rsriyans said, the waiting place is very uncomfortable. There are close to 100 seats available which all are occupied, air conditioning was not working properly and on top of all the long waiting time made me really frustrated.

There are only two officers taking interviews trying their best to move the things faster.

My interview took only 2-3 minutes and no documents were asked.

Here are the questions:

- What do you do for your company?

- Then, couple of questions on my project

- Which university did you studied your MS?

- How long do you need to stay to complete your project?

That's it. Very quick.

Like others said, make sure you carry all possible documents which builds the confidence. 

And, just have a smile on your face. Forget and don't show any signs of frustation in your face.

Good luck! 

hello guys..emphani and rsriyans...have you check the status of your approved applications? what odes it say? I checked mine last night after the interview, it say administrative processing....is that normal process or it take 2 days to be updated?anyone?Thanks guys and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks adsdm2013!

Mine and my friend's (same slot as mine) status are not yet updated.  I think 2-3 days is pretty normal for the status to be updated on the website. 

I just received my passport this morning. Leaving vancouver this early saturday by driving to seattle.

Firstly Congratz on your Visa Approval .Even I am planning to leave Vancouver by road, wanted to know , how did your immigration security check go @ Seattle POE (border) . Do we need to get prepared for any thing or was it cool. can you please provide me some details on this.

Appreciate your response .

Thankyou.

Archived