Passport expires before H1B approval Period

karthikkatakam

Hi,

My Passport expiration date is on September - 2015 , but i have h1b approved unitll September-2016.

If i go for stamping to canada. Untill when will i get the visa for.Is it untill end of passport(Sep 2015). or end of H1B approval(i.e Sep 2016).

Thanks In Advance.

I believe Sept 2016. But, I94 will be issued till Sept 2015.

Hi,

My Passport expiration date is on September - 2015 , but i have h1b approved unitll September-2016.

If i go for stamping to canada. Untill when will i get the visa for.Is it untill end of passport(Sep 2015). or end of H1B approval(i.e Sep 2016).

Thanks In Advance.

Till 797 expiration date. But make sure your passport is valid for atleast 6 months at the time of interview.

This is getting confusing with contrasting answers. Can some one who has gone through the situation reply

One of my friends was in this situation, he got visa till 797 exp date but at POE I94 was issued according to PP expiration.

In your case, either you get it till 2015 or 2016 you should be good , am I right?

One of my friends was in this situation, he got visa till 797 exp date but at POE I94 was issued according to PP expiration.

In your case, either you get it till 2015 or 2016 you should be good , am I right?

Will it be a problem if i get I94 stamped untill PP expiration date... Is it like ...i  just need to go out of the country and come back without actaully going for visa stamping again??

Will it be a problem if i get I94 stamped untill PP expiration date... Is it like ...i  just need to go out of the country and come back without actaully going for visa stamping again??

You don't need to attend interview if your visa is still valid at that time. Just cross the border and make sure you have your new PP at POE.

Archived