H1B to H4 to H1B Conversion - Stamping Question

h1bvisa_canada

Hello All,

I am currently on my H1B and have my Visa Stamped till 2015. My current project ended unexpectedly and i am planning to convert to H4 from H1B.

Can someone please advise whether we need to go for Visa Stamping again if i leave the country or my current H1B Visa stamping which is valid till 2015 will be good enough.

Also, once i am on my H4 and if i convert back to H1B again once i get a new job. Will my current H1B Visa stamping which is valid till 2015 will be good enough?

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

I am currently on my H1B and have my Visa Stamped till 2015. My current project ended unexpectedly and i am planning to convert to H4 from H1B.

Can someone please advise whether we need to go for Visa Stamping again if i leave the country or my current H1B Visa stamping which is valid till 2015 will be good enough.

Also, once i am on my H4 and if i convert back to H1B again once i get a new job. Will my current H1B Visa stamping which is valid till 2015 will be good enough?

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you are in US and applying for a COS from H1B to H4 you do not need a H4 visa stamped in your passport. But, if you are in India and planning to enter US on H4 then you need to apply for a H4 visa and then enter US.

Anytime a new employer can apply for a cap exempt H1B petition and upon approval you can begin to work. In that case you can travel outside and re-enter US with your valid H1B visa till it expires in 2015.

Archived