J1 waiver related queries

psk006

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had come to the US on a J1 visa as an undergrad research intern (the program was not funded by any govt. organization and was self sponsored). I came back to India to complete my bachelor's degree and later joined an university for my graduate studies on a F1 visa. For my F1 visa, I had taken a partial educational loan and have now fully repaid it. The affidavit form (part of the J1 waiver forms) asks me to state whether I have taken a loan at any educational level and have I repaid the same. Should I mention this in the affidavit and attach the loan closure certificate form the bank? The educational loan doesn't come under any scheme. Is this question about loans related to the J1 program or in general, as in any loans taken till date? Should I state the educational loan in the affidavit ? (point 3 talks about loans in specific). If I state that I had taken a loan and fully repaid it in the affidavit form, how should I go about in answering the 4th last point in the Bio data form?

For the reader's convenience, the following are the excerpts from the affidavit and bio forms related to the above questions:

Affidavit:

" I took a scholarship / loan of Rs. __ from (name of the Institution)_____ under the National Loan Scholarship Scheme or____(any other scheme) during the year __, when I was a student at ___ (College / Institution) and I have fully repaid the amount due from me, or I have yet to repay the amount of RS. __.  "

Bio data:

" Have you signed any agreement with a Government Organization or a University or other Public Organization or Banks or any other Institution from which you have enjoyed monetary benefits in the form of passage money, scholarship or otherwise and have specially or by implication, undertaken to return to India or refund the amount received? If yes, give details on a separate sheet. "

In short, are the above 2 questions given in the affidavit and bio data related to the J1 program alone or should I treat them as stand alone questions? I would be much grateful and thankful to any one for clarifying my queries. 

Thanks,
Rgds,
psk006

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had come to the US on a J1 visa as an undergrad research intern (the program was not funded by any govt. organization and was self sponsored). I came back to India to complete my bachelor's degree and later joined an university for my graduate studies on a F1 visa. For my F1 visa, I had taken a partial educational loan and have now fully repaid it. The affidavit form (part of the J1 waiver forms) asks me to state whether I have taken a loan at any educational level and have I repaid the same. Should I mention this in the affidavit and attach the loan closure certificate form the bank? The educational loan doesn't come under any scheme. Is this question about loans related to the J1 program or in general, as in any loans taken till date? Should I state the educational loan in the affidavit ? (point 3 talks about loans in specific). If I state that I had taken a loan and fully repaid it in the affidavit form, how should I go about in answering the 4th last point in the Bio data form?

For the reader's convenience, the following are the excerpts from the affidavit and bio forms related to the above questions:

Affidavit:

" I took a scholarship / loan of Rs. __ from (name of the Institution)_____ under the National Loan Scholarship Scheme or____(any other scheme) during the year __, when I was a student at ___ (College / Institution) and I have fully repaid the amount due from me, or I have yet to repay the amount of RS. __.  "

Bio data:

" Have you signed any agreement with a Government Organization or a University or other Public Organization or Banks or any other Institution from which you have enjoyed monetary benefits in the form of passage money, scholarship or otherwise and have specially or by implication, undertaken to return to India or refund the amount received? If yes, give details on a separate sheet. "

In short, are the above 2 questions given in the affidavit and bio data related to the J1 program alone or should I treat them as stand alone questions? I would be much grateful and thankful to any one for clarifying my queries. 

Thanks,
Rgds,
psk006

These are not related specifically to your J1 program. 

Archived