CP interview at Mumbai

vbsathya

I have CP interview next month at Mumbai consulate and my category is EB2. I was in the US when I filed GC and came back to India four years back. I work in IT industry. Can anyone who went through CP interview at Mumbai share their experience, please?  What kind of questions should I expect? Did they ask any additional document that is not mentioned in packet4 or interview appointment letter? Thanks for your help. 

Probably not what you are looking but my wife attended her CP interview in Mumbai last month for EB2 follow to join case. 

She was asked these questions:

1) When did you get married?

2) What is your husband doing?

3) When did your husband apply for GC? My wife said she doesn't remember so then he asked "How your husband entered US?" She said thru student visa to do his masters.

4) Clarified again on my employment on where Im working.

No docs were asked. Again since this is a follow to join case (I already got my GC) so questions might be different.

That's all if I remember.

Probably not what you are looking but my wife attended her CP interview in Mumbai last month for EB2 follow to join case. 

3) When did your husband apply for GC? My wife said she doesn't remember so then he asked "How your husband entered US?" She said thru student visa to do his masters.

No docs were asked. Again since this is a follow to join case (I already got my GC) so questions might be different.

Your wife should have done her homework...its a basic question to ask when you applied for GC..you should have also informed her.

Your wife should have done her homework...its a basic question to ask when you applied for GC..you should have also informed her.

Yeah, true. I did prep her for few days but missed this one. My wife doesnt know how the GC process works and she has never been to US at the time of interview. Easy to miss some easy questions sometimes in nervousness. Anyway visa officer didnt seem to be bothered by her answer since she got her visa. Its ok to say 'I dont know' or 'I dont remember' esp for a dependent.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, please... you need a JD, no less, to determine when someone applied for a GC. I bet you can't even define what "applied for a green card" means.

• 1 month later...

Thanks immigration_user for sharing this. Is this list of questions you posted comprehensive?..or just a sample of a big list of questions they asked?

Archived