h1 visa approved@ottawa after 221g yellow

don12

Hi

Thought my experience would be helpful to share.

My visa interview experience on Aug 20

1. GM *****

2.  Where do you work?

3. How long you are working for it?

4. What was your previous company?

silence for few seconds,then

5.where have you done masters?

6. Where have you done before that?

7. VO:What about university xxxx?

ME:  no, i had the i-20

8.  VO:  You had a problem?

ME:  sorry ,what is the problem?

9.  VO:  There is problem with your education  and gave me 221g yellow for verification.

10.  VO: where are you staying?

ME:  hotel 

VO  Kept my passport and let me know the status by tomorrow  and asked me to submit any related documents to make verification faster

I submitted transcripts and H1 supporting documents.

i did not get any reply from the consulate and so went again to consulate on Aug 22  around 11:30 AM.

I explained my situation and they gave me a number. After few minutes VO called me.

VO: Are you here to submit the documents?

Me: i already submitted them 

VO: Give me your i-20s

Me:  Gave him all i-20s and 797s originals.

While VO is verifying the documents , i explained him clearly when i came to USA for studies and completion of it and then H1.

--------------------

Below is not told to VO

After completing 6 months of  H1 i applied for change of status(COS) to F1 but i got a query from uscis to submit more documents .In the mean time i changed my mind and didnot submit any documents.In the query it is mentioned that if i will not submit in 60 days i have to reapply for Change of status from beginning.

During COS i registered in university for the courses but never attended since COS didnot happen

---------------------

VO:  Did you study in the *** university?

Me : No , and explained him that during COS i registerd but never went to it.

VO: why you applied for COS?

Me:  Its recession time,so i was scared of my job and thought its good time to learn new technologies.

VO: Were you not paid at that time?Do you have a job?

Me:  I was paid and had a job at that time.

VO: i will do verfication ASAP and let you know.

Me:  Still standing there and asked if he requires any documents to make it faster.

VO:  Where are you working ?

Me:****

VO:  Do you have the Client letter?

Me : Gave him

Iam having EVC model.

On the same day ,my manager at client location received call and email from consulate asking few questions.

All of them were answered by manager on the same day.

On Aug 27, my visa was Issued and got the passport.

Tips:  If any one who have 221g and didnot hear from the consulate for the time they mentioned, then first email them and based on the response, try to go consulate.

Everyone who are coming to Ottawa are getting visa easily.Even if anyone gets 221g ,it will be mostly cleared in 2-3 weeks.

Have faith in god and answer confidently ..Good luck 

Thanks

don12

Congratulation on your Stamping, pretty complicated Case, Can you share some more details.

1. Did you finish your MS from xx univ before you applied to H1?

2. which univ did you go ?

3. from question 7 and 8 there is little confusion, did they asked you about the issue or you yourself conveyed it? why did you stated that you were applied to COS, before she asked.

Can you please share these if you don't mind.

Thanks

@kommb

1. Did you finish your MS from xx univ before you applied to H1?

i finished masters in AAA univ and got H1 .After 6 months i applied for COS and registered in xxx univ .

3. from question 7 and 8 there is little confusion, did they asked you about the issue or you yourself conveyed it? why did you stated that you were applied to COS, before she asked.

I want to tell clearly why xxx univ came into picture.So i explained clearly.

Archived