Successful H1B Stamping in Vancouver - Aug 27

Indi92

First of all thanks to everyone who shared their H1 stamping experiences here, it helped me a ton..

Here is how my interview went. Very straightforward and no documents asked!!!

ME - Good Morning
VO - Good morning

(I handed over my Passport, I 797 and DS 160 form)

VO - Who is your employer?
Me - Provided my employer name and my designation

VO - Do you have an end client?
Me - Yes, Provided the client name only (She didnt ask for client letter so I didnt provide it)

VO - There are so many people coming for stamping these days who work for this client

Me - Smiled and said "Is that right" (said this in a nice way and not coming across as cocky..)

VO - Which project are you working on?
Me - Provided the project name

VO - It must be exciting working on this project?
Me - I am enjoying it

VO - Has your employer filed for your Permanent Residency yet?
Me - Yes

VO - How long have you been living in US?
Me - Since 2006

VO - Where did you go to school?
Me - In US (provided school name)

VO - Where are you physically located in US?
Me - Provided name of the city I live in US and said client location is 5 miles from where I live.

VO - That is a nice area
Me - I like it but nothing like here (Vancouver)

VO - Its nice out here. Isn't it? (typing something on her computer simultaneously)
Me - Its Beautiful here

VO - Well it may take 3-5 days to recieve your passport back. Meanwhile you can explore the area a little more while you are here waiting to recieve your passport.
Me - Sure thing & Thank you so much for your help.

VO - Thank you and Enjoy
Me - Thank you and take care

VO handed me a white sheet containing details of how to track my passport.

Update Aug 29th: Just received an email from Loomis that my passport is available for pick up.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...CHEERS!!!

Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing the information. I have a question, I have not uploaded the pic on DS-160 but I am taking the pics along for the interview. My question is do i have to stick a pic to DS-160 confirmation page as well?

Thanks you !!

No you dont have to stick it on the DS 160. Infact I was in same boat and I just carried mine with me. The lady at the consulate who verified my documents prior to my interview glued it for me on DS 160 after checking that photo meets the standard. Good Luck!!

Congratulations on your Successful Stamping.

What is the role of mS playing in the Interview, is it critical, I am asking this question because I did my mS from a univ which do not have accreditation, they assured we would get it in 8 months after joining but later no news about it.I have no issues while stusying in that univ. Can you please tell about it?

Thanks

Archived