J1 clinical after J1 research waiver

nilufer

I have been searching for this but couldn't find a straight answer. So my question is:
You are on j1 research scholar visa and waived your 2 year home residency rule. After your j1 research scholar visa ends can you apply to j1 clinical?

I am so stressed out. I thought that they were totally different visa so I already waived my 2 year rule. However I will need j1 clinical for my residency if I don't get green card in the future.

Thank you!

I have been searching for this but couldn't find a straight answer. So my question is:

You are on j1 research scholar visa and waived your 2 year home residency rule. After your j1 research scholar visa ends can you apply to j1 clinical?

I am so stressed out. I thought that they were totally different visa so I already waived my 2 year rule. However I will need j1 clinical for my residency if I don't get green card in the future.

Thank you!

I do not think you are eligible for another J1. Once you get a waiver your option is to move to H1B and not J1 again. Better take the help of a good immigration attorney

Archived