F1 TO H1

lajjagupta

Hi,

I am an international student. I am working on my OPT. My opt is expiring on 11 feb,2014. I didn't file my H1 visa in 2013. My concern is if I get a job and the company ready to sponsor my visa (H1) in April, 2014, Can I start working in April, 2014? I am thinking to enroll my self in a course in December,2013 to maintain my student visa(F1).

2. Can I leave my course (joined in Jan, 2014 and terminating the course in April, 2014) in April and start working full time if a company file my visa in April?

Regards,

Lajja

Hi,

I am an international student. I am working on my OPT. My opt is expiring on 11 feb,2014. I didn't file my H1 visa in 2013. My concern is if I get a job and the company ready to sponsor my visa (H1) in April, 2014, Can I start working in April, 2014? I am thinking to enroll my self in a course in December,2013 to maintain my student visa(F1).

2. Can I leave my course (joined in Jan, 2014 and terminating the course in April, 2014) in April and start working full time if a company file my visa in April?

Regards,
Lajja

(1) I believe you can apply for CAP GAP, be on legal status in US and begin to work from Oct 1st.

(2) That is pure abuse of visa. Even then you will be allowed to work only from Oct 1st

Wait for other members to give their opinion

Archived