H1b stamping before job change

Sam6av

Hi all,

I changed my visa from L1 to H1 within USA, i am on H1b since last year and working for (company A). Although I never got this stamped as I never went out of USA.

Now I am changing my job(company B) from nov 2013 and got a h1b transfer approved. I am planning to visit india in October and get the visa stamped.

My question is can I get the stamping done for comp B before changing the job and how easy is the process.

Ps both the companies are reputed and I am a full time employee.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks OM shiv, 

i havent got the new I797 as it is under process. 

i had consulted many people and got mixed responses. please confirm me the best solution.

some says that the H1b stamping may ask new pay slips and since i still didnt join company B i dont have any new employers payslips , i just have the new offer letter will that do. 

some says it is not possible to get the stamp for the new employer as i havenot resigned company A,  you have to get the stamping for the old employer itself.

i am totally confused.  please help me.

U will be stuck since u have transfer from L1 to H1, since this is nothing but bodyshopping

This discussion has no meaning. The guy who was working for a client with L1 visa before converting to H1 should be stuck for breaking the law. U r misusing the L1

I do not get your point. I believe L1 visa holders work for their employer as an intracompany transferee.

Thanks OM shiv, 

i havent got the new I797 as it is under process. 

i had consulted many people and got mixed responses. please confirm me the best solution.

some says that the H1b stamping may ask new pay slips and since i still didnt join company B i dont have any new employers payslips , i just have the new offer letter will that do. 

some says it is not possible to get the stamp for the new employer as i havenot resigned company A,  you have to get the stamping for the old employer itself.

i am totally confused.  please help me.

When you go for visa interview you need to show the approved I797 document for employer B along with your passport. Also, VO might ask for pay stubs, W2 from employer A. You do not need to have pay stubs from employer B as you have not joined them.

Archived