First H1-B stamping in 6th year

msirimalla

Hi,

I came to US in 2007 on H4-B visa and started working on H1-B from Oct, 2008 as consultant for a small desi consultant.

I never been to India since 2008 because of the fear of H1-B rejection.

Now I took fulltime offer with a big MNC who has offices all over including US and India, and joined them in June 2012. I got new i-797 with them till Sep 2014.

I will complete my 6 years of H1-B in Sep 2014. My company is planning to file for my GC sometime in dec or next year.

Anyhow, i wanted to visit India as i have not been in 6 years and will have to go for my first H1-B stamping.

Should i go to India sooner for stamping?

What are the chances of getting stamped for h1-B for first time towards the end of my 6th year?

My husband is also on H1-B on his 7th year on I-140. His visa stamping also expired. Do i need to take his i-797 copies as well for my visa stamping?

Hi,

I came to US in 2007 on H4-B visa and started working on H1-B from Oct, 2008 as consultant for a small desi consultant.

I never been to India since 2008 because of the fear of H1-B rejection.

Now I took fulltime offer with a big MNC who has offices all over including US and India, and joined them in June 2012. I got new i-797 with them till Sep 2014.

I will complete my 6 years of H1-B in Sep 2014. My company is planning to file for my GC sometime in dec or next year.

Anyhow, i wanted to visit India as i have not been in 6 years and will have to go for my first H1-B stamping.

Should i go to India sooner for stamping?

What are the chances of getting stamped for h1-B for first time towards the end of my 6th year?

My husband is also on H1-B on his 7th year on I-140. His visa stamping also expired. Do i need to take his i-797 copies as well for my visa stamping?

If your and your employer credentials are good I see no problem. 

Archived