H1B

Raghu3101

Hi,

I am working for an Indian MNC through which i have applied for H1B in 2006. Work Permit was approved in the same year. But i have not gone for Visa Stamping since then.

Now i am planning to take up a role in US and i have the following questions:

1. Can i get the H1B Work permit extended now under exempt category.. Since its been more than 7 yrs the WP was approved and i have not travelled or got Visa stamped.

2, Applying extension under exempt or applying a fresh Work Permit through Cap next year is better 

3, If I apply under exempt what could be the processing time.

Request you to clarify my questions asap.

Thanks,

RH

Hi,

I am working for an Indian MNC through which i have applied for H1B in 2006. Work Permit was approved in the same year. But i have not gone for Visa Stamping since then.

Now i am planning to take up a role in US and i have the following questions:

1. Can i get the H1B Work permit extended now under exempt category.. Since its been more than 7 yrs the WP was approved and i have not travelled or got Visa stamped.

2, Applying extension under exempt or applying a fresh Work Permit through Cap next year is better 

3, If I apply under exempt what could be the processing time.

Request you to clarify my questions asap.

Thanks,

RH

(1) Yes, you can.

(2) If you apply with your old petition you get 6 years as you never traveled to US and you could start working immediately after approval. If you want to apply next year under cap you could do so but you have to wait till Oct 1st to enter US.

(3) If you apply as cap exempt by premium processing the decision is taken within 15 calendar days.

i got my H1 in 2006..i worked till 2009 july...then i moved to inda started working here for MNC now i want go back...is my employer can file my case

as cap exmpted or i need to fill new H1B..please suggest

I believe you are cap exempt and your employer could file a H1B petition and upon approval and with a valid H1B visa you can travel to US

i got my H1 in 2006..i worked till 2009 july...then i moved to inda started working here for MNC now i want go back...is my employer can file my case

as cap exmpted or i need to fill new H1B..please suggest

You could have opened your own thread...anways your employer can file for your H1B anytime...you are not counted against the quota.

Archived