Senator Retrieved RFE, Wait For Official RFE Or Not?

GreenIsGold

I thought my case was pre adjusted and was ready for approval, especially after a RFE in 2009 on my I-485.  My PD is Jan 2004 with EB-3 case, successfully upgraded to EB-2 and retained my old PD.

Got a email early August from USCIS of a RFE, waited, waited…and waited.  Week back got email from USCIS “post office returned RFE” (USCIS did not update attorney G-28, they also started a SR to once again update their address with USICS), started a SR and contacted my senator (luckily I know someone who know him very well) got a response from senator within 4 days, and a copy of the RFE…simple interfiling request.

What shall do, wait for the officially RFE from USCIS, which might take weeks or even months or respond with what I have from Senator? 

Thanks all. 

• 2 weeks later...

If one has had trouble getting an RFE from USCIS and gotten it through a Senator or Congressman, it would generally be a good idea to respond with the version one has. The reason for doing so being that there is no way to know whether a promised RFE directly from USCIS would still be forthcoming or how long it would take. One should though speak with an attorney for specific legal advice on how one should proceed in one's own case.

Archived