H1B - working for a startup

spolasanapalli

Hi , 

I have entered U.S with L2 visa and started working as a contractor at company "X" through a consultancy, 

Later my consultancy has applied H1 visa for me I worked with them for few months. 

After that I got a permanent offer in a start up "Y" and Joined there , I have been working there from past one year , Now I came to India for a visit and went for H1 stamping in Hyderabad on 19th August 2013.

In the Consulate they first called me and asked some basic questions about my role and the company and then took my I129 & I797 and ask to wait. After two hours they called me back and asked more questions about my company finally they said they are convinced with answers but how ever they did not find much information about my company online  and that they want to know who are the potential customers for our company.

She gave a white slip in which they mentioned  "contracts with the customers" & an email -id to contact the consulate. 

The Lady told me that i should ask my concerned manager to email the details of our company's customers. I asked if I need to come in person and submit any other documents , she said they dont need any other documents and that I will receive an email from consulate telling when I should go for the interview again. 

I have sent all these details to my manager and they sent the documents they requested to email id specified in the white slip on 22nd august. But I have not heard anything from consulate so far.

Did this happen with anyone else? 

Any Idea how long this procedure would take and is there any way  to follow up with consulate? 

or is there anything else which I can do?

Please Help.

Thanks in advance

Archived