Transfer Stamped but unused H1 from 2002 ?

Jhumru

Hello All

I have a H1 stamped on my passport in 2000 which was valid till 2002 (as per my passport). am not sure about petition expiry as my employer did not give me copies of petition.

All I have is my stamped H1. I HAVE NEVER USED this H1 to travel to US.

I am currently in US on L1. Can I use my old above said H1 to transfer ?

Is petition document copy mandatory ? If yes is there a way to get it without reaching to my old employer

Regards

Jhumru Sharma

Hello All

I have a H1 stamped on my passport in 2000 which was valid till 2002 (as per my passport). am not sure about petition expiry as my employer did not give me copies of petition.

All I have is my stamped H1. I HAVE NEVER USED this H1 to travel to US.

I am currently in US on L1. Can I use my old above said H1 to transfer ?

Is petition document copy mandatory ? If yes is there a way to get it without reaching to my old employer

Regards

Jhumru Sharma

Yes, you could transfer it to a new employer.

Hello All

I used the following link to check the petition status online for above said H1 and entered the EAC serial no of H1 visa page.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

I get some updates about post decision activity but at the bottom of page I get OMB control no. and also an expiration date of 6/30/2012. What does this mean ? My H1 expired just about an year back ? And I am eligible for transfer without cap ?

Regards

Thank you for the responses.

All I could gather from documents is all that matters is how much of that 6 yr period I spent in USA. Does not matter when the Visa was issued and Expired. Is my understanding correct ?

No place its clearly called out if  expired but un-used H1 visa is cap exempt.

Regards

Jhumru Sharma

Archived