Aug 26th Calgary H1B Visa Approved

l1toh1seeker

Hey Friends, 

First of all, I want to thank all fellow forum members for their valuable inputs and suggestions which made me very well prepared for the day of my life. Also, helped me to save some money.

My Appointment was on 26th Aug at 9:30 am. I flew into Calgary on Aug 25th. Stayed in Super 8 motel which, to my surprise, is not bad at all. They picked me up from the airport. This hotel is close to both the consulate and Loomis. Also, there are lots of food options around. Calgary is a beautiful city and you can plan a trip around to the Rocky mountains.

On the day, I got chance to partner with one another individual and we took a cab together to the Consulate. We started around 7:30 am and reached the embassy by 7:50 am. I spent sometime at nearby Starbucks and went in for security around 9:00 am. Avoid cellphones and bags. I had to trash my bag though its 12'' wide. 

Almost after 40 minutes in queue (there were few people came in for US passports, they get priority than VISA), I reached to the document checking counter where a women validated my application and arranged passport, I797 and DS160 form.After this, we were taken by the security personal to the 10th floor of the building where the embassy actually is. After one more thorough security check in the 10th floor, you will be assigned a token number and allowed inside the consulate office. 

There are around 10 counters serving different purposes only two for the Non-immigrant VISA interviews. Almost immediately after entering the office, I was called to submit the earlier arranged documents. DS160 form was validated and I saw the person stamping PIMS Cleared on my DS 160 form. Then I was called upon for tenprints. After this, all I had to do was to wait and stare at the VISA interview counter watching people before me taking up with VO. Finally around 11 am, I was called by the VO and below are the Questions he asked me. He is an elderly person and greeted with a pleasant smile.

VO: Hello...How are you?

Me; I am good...How are you?

VO: Good..So when did you get your first H1?

Me: XXX 20XX

VO: Are you with the same employer still?

Me: No I switched to a different company and the latest H1 is with a different employer.

VO: Do you have continuous employment? Ever been on bench

Me: No

VO: What degree do you have?

Me: Bachelors in EEE (expanded)

VO: Is this new employer paying you as agreed?

Me: Yes

VO: So...what do you do for this employer..

Me: I work as ....for Employer XXX at client YYY, city zzzz

VO: Since when you are working for this client?

Me: Jan

VO: I am approving your VISA. Please collect your documents from Loomis and handed me over the flyer with details of Loomis.

Me: Thank you sir.

Confidence is the key...Good luck folks....

First of all, I want to thank all fellow forum members for their valuable inputs and suggestions which made me very well prepared for the day of my life. Also, helped me to save some money.

Good one. Congrats..

Also if I remember, back in my days the "Day of my Life" was my Marriage day....but these days its H1B stamping...lol things have changed.

Congratulations.

I am also planning to go to Canada for H1B Visa stamping.

My case looks similar with yours.

I got my H1B Visa in April 2012 for 1 year with company A.

I started working for end client from June.So it is like EVVC cycle.

I moved to company B and they applied for my H1B extension got visa for 3 years.

Now it is EVC cycle.

End client is same from the beginning

My concern is about employer change and I didnt do masters here. I came here on H4B visa.

I have been working for more than a year.

Please give me  your suggestions.

Archived