Visa approved - Vancouver - August 26th

Hello

My visa (H1B) has been approved in Vancouver consulate today (August 26th).

Background:

Came to US on F1 - 2006 Fall

Graduated - Masters - 2007 Fall

OPT - 2008

OPT Extension - 2009

H1 applied and approved - Oct 2009 to Sep 2010 (1 year)

H1 stamping in India - November 2009

H1 extension approved - October 2010 to June 2013

H1 extension approved - June 2013 to June 2016

Appointment was at 10 AM. Reached at 9:15 AM and was asked to wait. Plz go just 30 min ahead of appointment time, that is enough. At 9:30 AM, they formed a line with all 10 AM appointment candidates. At 9:45, they started checking DS-160 etc and started sending in. Then security check followed by finger prints and then to 20th floor for interview. I did not take any cell phone with me. And it was mentioned they are not allowed. Don't take any sealed envelopes.

Waiting seats are very close to counters so you get to hear what VOs are asking. When I was waiting, at counter 6, one H1B was approved for a guy and then one lady got her H1B approved. I was asked to go to counter 5 and VO was a young lady.

Gave passport, 797 and DS-160.

Questions asked:

Job Role

Highest education

Which university and degree

Employer and since when am my working for that employer

Any end client? who is it? location? if im staying in same city?

I-129, LCA and W-2. checked for salary, employer name and job locations. did not ask any questions though.

And then said visa is approved and gave the sheet with instructions. She kept my passport and 797.

I was down by 11 AM.

Stayed in North Vancouver. Prices of hotels are cheap, lot of restaurants and many places to see. I already visted Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and Grouse Mountain. I am completely using public transport from the time I landed in Vancouver and its very good.  Taking a day pass daily for $9.50 and we can travel in any bus or train.

they are available in 7-11 stores and other pharmacy stores etc.

Few things:

1. My I-94 was not taken at airport as my trip length is less than 30 days.
  2. In Vancouver at port of entry, officer wrote 4 days as my length of stay in Vancouver.
  3. Discover card is not accepted at many places, thought I would use it as there would be no foreign transaction fee
  4. Many places accepting USD.

Waiting for my passport now. Hopefully will get by Wednesday afternoon. I already booked my flight for Wednesday evening 2 months ago..

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

In this website status now says "Administrative Processing". Should this change to Issued and then Waybill number comes?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Thanks...Will update once I get passport. As of now, I see Administrative Processing.

I stayed in Best Western in North Vancouver, there are many hotels near by like Grouse Inn, Travelodge etc..

I got it on priceline express deal for around $70 per day..

Thanks...Will update once I get passport. As of now, I see Administrative Processing.

I stayed in Best Western in North Vancouver, there are many hotels near by like Grouse Inn, Travelodge etc..

I got it on priceline express deal for around $70 per day..

Dude, when did you get passport?

My appointment is on monday too. So like to know when you got email from loomis to pickup passport

I got an email from Loomis today (Wednesday) morning saying they have the passport...but it says not ready to pickup yet..

I think it will change to "Ready for pickup" soon..I am waiting for it so that I can catch my flight..

Any idea how many hours it could take for status to change from "In facility" to "Ready for pickup"?

Thank you..

wallet is fine....i carried a binder which has all the docs...use whichever is comfortable for u...they dont allow backpacks though..

Congrats TPK6!

Can I carry all my documents in a plastic bag? And can I carry my wallet inside the consulate?

Archived