H1B transfer RFE - I am authorised to work with new emp

shrih1b

Hi Murthy Forum,

I have changed my employer from A to B. I started working with B on h1b transfer receipt notice.

But now my transfer request status is RFE. So,

1. Am i authorized to work with new employer.

2. how i can know whether my previous employer has not revoked my h1b.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Shrikant.

Generally, H1B portability permits the beneficiary to begin employment with the new employer upon receipt of the petition with USCIS and once the start date indicated on the LCA/I-129 takes effect. The employment authorization continues until USCIS adjudicates the petition. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and to determine whether you are authorized to work with the new employer.

Hi Murthy Forum,

I have changed my employer from A to B. I started working with B on h1b transfer receipt notice.

But now my transfer request status is RFE. So,

1. Am i authorized to work with new employer.

2. how i can know whether my previous employer has not revoked my h1b.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Shrikant.

It's been said many times that DO NOT JOIN NEW EMPLOYER WITH H1 APPROVAL.

You can work for you new employer, since you have started working for new employer I guess your old employer's H1 is gone.

Thanks all for reply!

In RFE they have requested detailed evaluation of my education and work experience and my employer has initiated this process with experts.

So, Is this scanrio critical or normal. I mean "detailed evaluation of your education and work experience" query.

Archived