Consulate is Hyderabad,Shall i go for interview in chennai?

csezhilraja

I applied for H1b,I got the approval.In the I-797B Consulate as Hyderbad.I am working in chennai currently and i am from tamilnadu only. Shall i go for visa interview at chennai or i need to be attend interview in Hyderabad only.

Any reason why hyderabad was given on 797 when you are not from that place and not working at that place??

Ask your attorney, usually consulate which is near to your residence has to be selected for interview.

In India you are allowed to attend for visa stamping in any of the 5 consulates. Contact ustraveldocs via telephone. They will tell you the same. I had chennai on my i797 but attended Hyderabad coz its my hometown.

In India PIMS is updated at all 5 consulates simultaneously. So it wouldn't matter where you attend.

Hope this helps.!

In India you are allowed to attend for visa stamping in any of the 5 consulates. Contact ustraveldocs via telephone. They will tell you the same. I had chennai on my i797 but attended Hyderabad coz its my hometown.

In India PIMS is updated at all 5 consulates simultaneously. So it wouldn't matter where you attend.

Hope this helps.!

Good to know this new info.

Archived