L1 to H1B COS

l1toh1cos

Hi,

Currently I am working for company 'A' on L1B which is valid till Apr 2014 so as my current I-94. Another company 'B' processed by H1B visa this year which got approved and the COS is valid from Oct 1st. Inorder to avoid any future issues, when should I resign from my current Company?

1. If I resign now and company 'A" cancels my L1, will I have to go back to India as my H1B starts only from Oct 1st?

2. Can I resign from company 'A' on Oct 1st and serve them for 2 weeks which is the notice period?

Company 'B' will sponsor my Green Card also, so I wanted your opinion on which option will be the best one.

Hi,

Currently I am working for company 'A' on L1B which is valid till Apr 2014 so as my current I-94. Another company 'B' processed by H1B visa this year which got approved and the COS is valid from Oct 1st. Inorder to avoid any future issues, when should I resign from my current Company?

1. If I resign now and company 'A" cancels my L1, will I have to go back to India as my H1B starts only from Oct 1st?

2. Can I resign from company 'A' on Oct 1st and serve them for 2 weeks which is the notice period?

Company 'B' will sponsor my Green Card also, so I wanted your opinion on which option will be the best one.

You have to join B on Oct 1st...no grace period...Plan your resignation accordingly.So if you have 2 weeks NP resign around 16th sep so that you can join from Oct 1st

Archived