Travelling via London. Stamped Visa expired

r01320

Hi, 

I will be travelling to India on Sept 6th via London. I needs to change flight at London. 
I have the approved H1B petition for extension. But the H1B stamping on the passport has expired. 
I will be travelling via Heathrow airport. I need to go from one terminal to other to pick up the connecting flight. 
I will not be going out of the airport. 
Is it going to cause any issues ? Do I need a transit visa?

Hi, 

I will be travelling to India on Sept 6th via London. I needs to change flight at London. 

I have the approved H1B petition for extension. But the H1B stamping on the passport has expired. 

I will be travelling via Heathrow airport. I need to go from one terminal to other to pick up the connecting flight. 

I will not be going out of the airport. 

Is it going to cause any issues ? Do I need a transit visa?

I believe since your visa has expired you would need a transit visa. Wait for other members to give you their inputs or experiences

I am in the same situation, travelling to India via London in Oct with an expired US Visa. I did a bunch of research on this and  finally came to a conclusion, we would need a UK DATV (Direct Airside Transit Visa). I have read thru many forums saying BA would not let you board the Flight even without a valid stamped visa.  I am currently in the midst of applyng for the DATV, the process looks simple. 

Experts Can you please share the Supporting documents required for DATV?

Travel Itinerary

Original Passport

Copy Of passport

Copy of I797 (H1b Petition)

Do we really need to send Bank Statements/Pay Stubs /Employment letter for just a Transit Visa ?

Thanks in Advance 

IMOH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived