485 appln picked up by immn officer, how long to get approval

Hi, 

My 485 application became current with Aug 2013 visa bulletin for second time, last year I got my EAD when date became current. I called L2 officer last month to get my 485 status, didn't get proper information. So I took a InfoPass appointment and visited nearest USCIS office on Aug 15th to check the status. They told that some immigration officer picked up my application yesterday and are processing it. It's been more than a week since my application started processing and my application is still in "Accepted" state, not even "Initial Review". 

Did anyone know how long does the officer take to process any application? A week or month or more than that? 

I asked same question to InfoPass officer, as expected got generic answer, depends on case by case, sometimes they might do name check and all again, sometimes they might consider last year's name check...results and approve application right away.

Last month when I called USCIS to check application status, L1 officer created a service request to check status, will the service request impedes my application processing?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Note: Mine is EB3 - EB2 transfer case, priority date is Oct 2007, didn't get any RFE so far. 

Archived