Visa Approved?? with Pending 221g -Administrative Processing??

h1badmin

Hello Everyone..

My wife & I appeared for h1b stamping in April @ Toronto post and were put into the 221g Admin processing for Background/ Name check. I am currently a FTE employee and this is my third renewal for h1b . Second with the same employer. All my prior visa stamping were in Canada as well.

I was asked the same generic question during interview and was given the 221g form . I have never been issued a 221g prior to this. During the 5 months there absolutely was no inquiry or anything done with my employer. This week my wife received a clearance email and was asked to submit her passport. When we submitted our passport we were made to go inside to speak with the consular directly as the lady at the entrance who collects the documents seemed confused with her system showing clearance only for my wife and still pending for me.

Once Inside the only question the consular asked was who the primary applicant was. I confirmed it was me and my wife was the h4 dependent. She glanced over the clearance email printout and slid a "Has your visa been approved? " loomis pamphlet and told us to expect our passport within 3-5 days. She asked me to follow the instructions on the pamphlet for collecting the passports.

All along we have been tracking our application status on the CEAC website and it shows only an updated date for my wife's confirmation with mine reflecting the same Interview date.

At this point I am absolutely confused about what all this means and would appreciate any constructive input from someone who might have been in a similar situation

Thanks

Hi 

I got the same problem. Me and My Wife applied for H1b/H4 on the same date. on 23aug, 2013 her visa got approved and my was still showing admin processing. i am confused as i am a primary applicant and she is a dependent. 

if any one else has the same case please let me know , how to proceed from here. 

thanks 

Hi 

I got the same problem. Me and My Wife applied for H1b/H4 on the same date. on 23aug, 2013 her visa got approved and my was still showing admin processing. i am confused as i am a primary applicant and she is a dependent. 

if any one else has the same case please let me know , how to proceed from here. 

thanks 

@naseer

Have you submitted your passports? When we went to submit my wife's passport we were asked to submit both our passports. Assuming you did submit your passports, were you made to speak with the consular inside or were your passports collected at the entrance?

Could you please share your experience

Thanks

@h1badmin 

Sorry about my previous reply. Wrong answer 

If the VO mentioned Visa is approved and gave you 221 G sheet. No need to worry, it will take a couple of days. 

I got 221 G says PIMS was not updated I got my passport on the 5th working day. Keep checking your status. 

All the best. 

The consular just informed that the passports will be mailed back to us in 3-5 days and we should follow  the leaflet she gave us for pickup instructions.. She did not exactly mention anything about visa.

Archived