H1- B extension stamping in London For indian national

traumant

Hi,

I relocated to London for a year to work from my location in Salt lake city on Sep 2013. The H1-B visa which i had a that point expired in Feb-2013. I raised my Extension and got it Approved until Feb 2014.

I planning to stamp my H1-B documents from the London embassy and followed the normal procedure of completing the DS-160 form and then booking a interview slot. However from the usual norm, they asked me to send my documents including my passport to the embassy.Post that, i was supposed to appear for the interview the next day. I wasn't let in the next day, because i didnt have my passport inspite of me letting them know that i had couriered it the prior day. Anyways, i got my passport and document the next day but it had an extra page, saying that my visa request was refused under the Section 221(g) of the Immigration and nationality Act(INA). So i have again booked my visa interview date.

So my questions are

1. The embassy officials did mention to me that the process went wrong and that they shouldn't have asked me to send the documents beforehand. Has anybody else faced this issue?

2. considering that they refused my visa in the INA act,am i going to face issues in the interview. Or is just that they want to see me in person for giving the stamping.

3. Any other issues/Burdens that i would face

thanks,

Sujith

Archived