Visa Approved @Vancouver on Aug20

matt

Hi Friends,

First of all thank you so much for the posts in murthy forum..they were really helpful for me.

I had an interview at 09:30 AM and I reached the consulate by 08:15 AM and the guard outside was pretty strict on not allowing anybody 15 mins prior to the appointment so I went to the line at 09:15 AM....then had my docs checked  and they made me open each and every sealed cover/envelope until which they did not allow me inside. I had my masters transcripts in a sealed envelope in the folder as that is how we receive it.

My employer sent me a sealer cover with a sticker saying “This envelope should be opened by the visa consulate officer only”.

I asked if it’s OK to allow just this one envelope from employer where it was addressed to US Consulate officer and they told me that there are absolutely no exceptions on sealed covers/envelopes and everything has to be opened prior to heading to finger printing and she scanned all my file/folders and some sealed documents that she missed were caught by the one more security checkpoint before entering the fingerprint room and after the finger prints I finally went to the 20th floor around 10:15 AM.

My token number called to Counter 6 there was a white male as VO.

Me: Hello ,Good morning sir. How r u Doing?

VO: Gm,I am doing good. How about you?

Me: Good.

VO:Is this your 1st H1B? 

Me: Yes Sir

VO: DId you study in US?

Me: Yes Sir,i Did my Master's

VO: Whats your Major?

Me: CS

VO: From Which Univ?

Me: XXXX

VO:When did you graduate?

Me:XYZ

VO:Were you working on OPT and H1B after your graduation until now??

Me: Yes ( I dint tell him I was unemployed for many months during recession)

VO: For the Same Employer?

Me:Nope,Initially for ABC then XYZ

VO:Can i See you Offer letter?

Me:Given

VO:I see your employer is in YYY state?

Me: yes Sir, My employer is based out of XXX city in YYY state

VO:WHo'z your Client?

Me: told

VO: How long have you been working here?

Me: XXX date until yester (my employer start date and my client start date were same)

VO: have you worked anywhere else besides this client with this employer?

Me: No

VO: So, Where DO you live?

Me : XXXX

VO: Is it an apt

Me: Yes sir

VO: Do u live by yourself

Me: No sir, I live with roommates in 2bedroom apt

VO: How may roommates do u have?

Me: 4

VO:Can i see your Drivers license?

Me: Given

VO:Do you live at this place displayed in the license?

VO:Then?

Me: I used to live there along with my cousin who used to do masters in XXX univ which is like 45 miles from my current place and after my cousin graduated, when I went to DMV they suggested me to carry a card where we write the new address , license number and has DMV stamp on it which is enough for the cops if we get caught for any offense.

VO:Do u have your family in US?

Me: nope, they are in india..

VO: Are you married?

Me: Nope, I am Single

VO:How often do u get paid?

Me:bi-weekly on every other fri morning.

VO: Can i see your LCA, Paystubs, I-129,offer letter, client letter

Me: Given LCA, paystubs, I-129, offer letter, client letter --à my client has a policy of not providing client letter…..showed him the mail from my supervisor at client site which stated the same in the mail and given screenshots of outlook mail properties which clearly shows that the person who gave me the letter is actual my supervisor.

VO:Your supervisor seems to be pretty rude ( with a smile) ( after seeing the supervisor letter stating client does not provide such letters, refer to your employer for further info)

Me: nope , he is pretty chilled and cool guy……we discuss basketball, baseball and other sports.

VO: You have told me you get paid bi-weekly but I see you are getting paid weekly looking at paystubs?

Me: my recent week got little messed up with small miscommunication on timesheet and I was paid only 40hrs instead of 80hrs and was rectified right away the next day itself and you can see that in previous paystub and he verified the Yr-To-Date(YTD) in current one and previous and one before that and tried to compare the YTD with LCA, Offer letter, I-129

VO: Whats your role? responsibilities?

Me: Told ...for 2mins ( tried to very concise and crisp)

VO: He was typing something ...For 4-5mins ... no questions nothingggggggggg not even looking at me.....

Me: Waiting waiting ....

VO: I see that this is first H1b but you have told me that this is your second?

Me: I am in my 5th yr of H1b and I this is my second employer but if you were referring to H1b visa stamping,……….yes this is my first one

VO:I see

Me : sorry for the confusion.

VO:that’s fine…….again started typing for couple of mins

Then the Golden Words .... 

VO: Your Visa Got Approved....Collect your passport from Loomis and given white paper

Me: Thank you very much sir...I don’t see any tracking number in this, How do I get to track it?

VO:go thru the instructions in the paper.

Me:generally how long does it take to get back the passport?

VO:arnd 3 business days

Me: Thank you sir.

All the best for ur visa Interview..

cool...congrats man...yes...i opened all the sealed letters already as I knew they wont allow any of those stuff.

I don't have client letter as well. But I am taking outlook properties screenshot, email and my ID card...hope they will be sufficient..

when VO asked for offer letter, is it the letter by employer when you started job years back??  or is it something new??

thank you..

Hi Friends,

First of all thank you so much for the posts in murthy forum..they were really helpful for me.

I had an interview at 09:30 AM and I reached the consulate by 08:15 AM and the guard outside was pretty strict on not allowing anybody 15 mins prior to the appointment so I went to the line at 09:15 AM....then had my docs checked  and they made me open each and every sealed cover/envelope until which they did not allow me inside. I had my masters transcripts in a sealed envelope in the folder as that is how we receive it.

My employer sent me a sealer cover with a sticker saying “This envelope should be opened by the visa consulate officer only”.

I asked if it’s OK to allow just this one envelope from employer where it was addressed to US Consulate officer and they told me that there are absolutely no exceptions on sealed covers/envelopes and everything has to be opened prior to heading to finger printing and she scanned all my file/folders and some sealed documents that she missed were caught by the one more security checkpoint before entering the fingerprint room and after the finger prints I finally went to the 20th floor around 10:15 AM.

My token number called to Counter 6 there was a white male as VO.

Me: Hello ,Good morning sir. How r u Doing?

VO: Gm,I am doing good. How about you?

Me: Good.

VO:Is this your 1st H1B? 

Me: Yes Sir

VO: DId you study in US?

Me: Yes Sir,i Did my Master's

VO: Whats your Major?

Me: CS

VO: From Which Univ?

Me: XXXX

VO:When did you graduate?

Me:XYZ

VO:Were you working on OPT and H1B after your graduation until now??

Me: Yes ( I dint tell him I was unemployed for many months during recession)

VO: For the Same Employer?

Me:Nope,Initially for ABC then XYZ

VO:Can i See you Offer letter?

Me:Given

VO:I see your employer is in YYY state?

Me: yes Sir, My employer is based out of XXX city in YYY state

VO:WHo'z your Client?

Me: told

VO: How long have you been working here?

Me: XXX date until yester (my employer start date and my client start date were same)

VO: have you worked anywhere else besides this client with this employer?

VO: So, Where DO you live?

Me : XXXX

VO: Is it an apt

Me: Yes sir

VO: Do u live by yourself

Me: No sir, I live with roommates in 2bedroom apt

VO: How may roommates do u have?

Me: 4

VO:Can i see your Drivers license?

Me: Given

VO:Do you live at this place displayed in the license?

VO:Then?

Me: I used to live there along with my cousin who used to do masters in XXX univ which is like 45 miles from my current place and after my cousin graduated, when I went to DMV they suggested me to carry a card where we write the new address , license number and has DMV stamp on it which is enough for the cops if we get caught for any offense.

VO:Do u have your family in US?

Me: nope, they are in india..

VO: Are you married?

Me: Nope, I am Single

VO:How often do u get paid?

Me:bi-weekly on every other fri morning.

VO: Can i see your LCA, Paystubs, I-129,offer letter, client letter

Me: Given LCA, paystubs, I-129, offer letter, client letter --à my client has a policy of not providing client letter…..showed him the mail from my supervisor at client site which stated the same in the mail and given screenshots of outlook mail properties which clearly shows that the person who gave me the letter is actual my supervisor.

VO:Your supervisor seems to be pretty rude ( with a smile) ( after seeing the supervisor letter stating client does not provide such letters, refer to your employer for further info)

Me: nope , he is pretty chilled and cool guy……we discuss basketball, baseball and other sports.

VO: You have told me you get paid bi-weekly but I see you are getting paid weekly looking at paystubs?

Me: my recent week got little messed up with small miscommunication on timesheet and I was paid only 40hrs instead of 80hrs and was rectified right away the next day itself and you can see that in previous paystub and he verified the Yr-To-Date(YTD) in current one and previous and one before that and tried to compare the YTD with LCA, Offer letter, I-129

VO: Whats your role? responsibilities?

Me: Told ...for 2mins ( tried to very concise and crisp)

VO: He was typing something ...For 4-5mins ... no questions nothingggggggggg not even looking at me.....

Me: Waiting waiting ....

VO: I see that this is first H1b but you have told me that this is your second?

Me: I am in my 5th yr of H1b and I this is my second employer but if you were referring to H1b visa stamping,……….yes this is my first one

VO:I see

Me : sorry for the confusion.

VO:that’s fine…….again started typing for couple of mins

Then the Golden Words .... 

VO: Your Visa Got Approved....Collect your passport from Loomis and given white paper

Me: Thank you very much sir...I don’t see any tracking number in this, How do I get to track it?

VO:go thru the instructions in the paper.

Me:generally how long does it take to get back the passport?

VO:arnd 3 business days

Me: Thank you sir.

All the best for ur visa Interview..

Congratulations for the Visa....u had a handful of questions asked!!

Archived