H1B stamping with Domestic Violence case

manusingh

Good afternoon to all of you.

I am on H1b from last 5 years, and this November i am going for H1b stamping second time.

last year in 2012 i have "Domestic Violence" case on me, which was dismissed latter. And i have certified copy from the court for this.

My question is that will it be a problem in stamping, will VO can reject my visa on the basis of this. What documents i need to carry along with me. Last time in 2009 for H1b stamping i was give 221g and i waited for 2.5 months and at that time i did not have this case.

I will look forward to hear from you. 

Good afternoon to all of you.

I am on H1b from last 5 years, and this November i am going for H1b stamping second time.

last year in 2012 i have "Domestic Violence" case on me, which was dismissed latter. And i have certified copy from the court for this.

My question is that will it be a problem in stamping, will VO can reject my visa on the basis of this. What documents i need to carry along with me. Last time in 2009 for H1b stamping i was give 221g and i waited for 2.5 months and at that time i did not have this case.

I will look forward to hear from you. 

Carry all your court documents with you for interview.

If you have DV case in INDIA and settled then no worries and carry all the  court documents. I dont think so your opposite family contacted consulate and informed about your case.

If they already informed to the consulate people then show your documents and tell them truth.

in USA dont care about **** of 498a case. they dont know about this section.

You will be ok with inteview.

Be confident and dont try to bluff VO.

Archived