Urgent advice please! F1 visa cleared 221(g) processing:Can I still travel on valid H-4?

lostnpitted

I was on H4 visa. I came to India to get F1 after getting a fully funded admit from a reputed university. Unfortunately my visa was refused under 221(g) green. 

I had to wait for one month for my ceac bar code to appear in the list for processing pending visas. Now my bar code has appeared on the list just one day before the classes start. After I submit my passport It might take 10 more days to get my visa stamped. I have already missed my orientations. In this situation, I do not want to join my university late because I might get left behind on my courses. 

Can I withdraw my application for F1 now and return to US on H-4? Or has my status already changed to F-1?

I will be really grateful for your advice. Thank you.

There is no status outside the US, so nothing has changed.

You can submit your passport and get the F1 Visa, however there will be a problem if they cancel your H4 Visa. One cannot predict if they will do that or not. If both Visas remain intact you can use either Visas to travel to US. The benefit of having the F1 Visa is that you will not have to apply for it again when you travel in future.

Archived