Visa approved on Aug 19th , Vancouver

thecharan

Hi, 

Thanks to all the people who post/advice voluntarily on this forum, this helped a lot while preparing for the visa. Below are the questions I was asked on 19th :

What do you do?
I'm  a ABC ( Job title)

What is you highest degree?
MS in CS 

Who do you work for?
XYZ company ( Employer )

How long have you been working as ABC
Told X years and Y months. since (start month and year )

Do you have an end client?
Yes

What is it?
Told client name

What does client do? (  What is their business )
Told in one sentence ( I had prepared how to answer this in short and in long description)

how long with this client?
X  months

Do you have client letter?
Yes (gave it, the officer glanced through the first paragraph of the letter)

can I see you LCA and I-129 petition?
Gave.

Your visa is approved, can collect you passport in 3 days

As far as I know three other people had their H1 interview that morning, 2 got through, and one person's visa was approved but PIMS was not updated.

I prepared extensively for the interview, took all the documents I possibly could . Though the visa interview was kind of straight forward I felt that my preparation boosted my confidence though I was tense. Even though it seems everyone is getting through easily, be prepared and take all the documents and go read through the DS 160 1 -129 and LCA thoroughly.

Good luck for your interview.

I got a an approval for H1 amendment less than 3 weeks prior to my interview date. Exactly a week before my appointment date,I sent the email ( which i found in this forum) to PIMS and Vancouver consulate.

ok cool....my h1 ext was approved 3 months ago and i sent email to PIMS as well 1 week ahead...lets c.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived