Am I cap-exempt, if approved H1B was withdrawn before COS?

abyss

Hi,

I have a MS degree from US. My employer filed for my H1B in April 2012, which was approved and I received my I797 notice of approval. I had to change my job and withdraw my H1B in May, 2012 (before COS). I then went on my 17-month STEM OPT (F1). Now, my current employer (cap-exempt) filed  for my H1B, which was approved again.

Am I cap exempt (for 6 years)? If I accept a for-profit position (in future) and the employer files for my H1B, do I have to apply under quota again?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!!!

Just to confirm - If I accept a for-profit position (in future) and the employer files for my H1B, do I have to apply under quota again?

Let us make it clear. Your employer filed  a H1B petition in April 2012 and it got approved (you received a I797 approval notice). But, what do you mean by saying withdrawal of H1B in May 2012? Was withdrawal done after approval?

Let us make it clear. Your employer filed  a H1B petition in April 2012 and it got approved (you received a I797 approval notice). But, what do you mean by saying withdrawal of H1B in May 2012? Was withdrawal done after approval?

Yes, withdrawal was done after approval (I also have the USCIS I797 approval notice)...

Yes, H1B was withdrawn after approval... I also have the I797 approval notice. I never went on H1B status though in 2012.

Archived