Dropping college from October 1st?

Ravi_28

Hi All,

I am currently enrolled in a college as my H1 was not filed last year. I got my H1 this year. Following are few questions I have:

1) Can I drop from college from Oct 1st as my H1 would be starting from October 1st.

2) Will that be any negative impact when I go to stamping in future as I drop out of college from Oct 1st ?

3) If I plan to continue to college, on which status I will be then?

Appreciate your reply. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks,

Ravi

1) Can I drop from college from Oct 1st as my H1 would be starting from October 1st.

2) Will that be any negative impact when I go to stamping in future as I drop out of college from Oct 1st ?

3) If I plan to continue to college, on which status I will be then?

Don't do that. You can go to school on H1, so continue and finish your degree.

If you drop from the college what will you say when vo asks "why didn't you finished your degree?"

My guess is, Ravi is studying for second degree.  Are you currently on F1 status? If you are on F1 status, it would be difficult to attend full-time college and full-time work on H1B, unless you are taking online courses. If you have a good explanation why you dropped out college, and if you are not interested in graduating, then you can drop the college and take a risk at visa interview.

Not every college drop-out is bad.. there are so many genious people who dropped-out from college.

My guess is, Ravi is studying for second degree.  Are you currently on F1 status? If you are on F1 status, it would be difficult to attend full-time college and full-time work on H1B, unless you are taking online courses. If you have a good explanation why you dropped out college, and if you are not interested in graduating, then you can drop the college and take a risk at visa interview.

Not every college drop-out is bad.. there are so many genious people who dropped-out from college.

As soon as the H1 kicks in, the F1 would be gone.

Archived