Invitation Letter for Canada TRV?

akrao23

Hi,

I am planning to go for visa stamping in Vancouver sometime in dec. I don't want to book visa slot because i am not confirm with date. But i want to apply for Canada visa online before that, Can anyone please suggest what should i upload for invitation letter. I don't have any friends/family there to get the same.

Some are suggesting me to write a letter addressing Canada visa officer mentioning that i will be visiting US Consulate b/w so and so dates and sign and upload.Did anyone applied like this and got approved? Otherwise Can anyone in same situation suggest me?

Thanks! 

Hi,

I am planning to go for visa stamping in Vancouver sometime in dec. I don't want to book visa slot because i am not confirm with date. But i want to apply for Canada visa online before that, Can anyone please suggest what should i upload for invitation letter. I don't have any friends/family there to get the same.

Some are suggesting me to write a letter addressing Canada visa officer mentioning that i will be visiting US Consulate b/w so and so dates and sign and upload.Did anyone applied like this and got approved? Otherwise Can anyone in same situation suggest me?

Thanks! 

In the application form when it asks "name, address and relationship of any person or Institutions you visit"

mention "CONSULATE GENERAL OF UNITED STATES VANCOUVER"

and mention the consulate address.

adn while uploading the proof of invitation letter upload I 797 

To: The Consulate General of Canada

Subject: Request for Temporary Resident Visa.

Dear Officer,

I, xxxx, working as a xxx for xxxx located at xxx, USA.  I am planning to travel to Canada in December – 2013 for Visiting and Attend visa interview at U.S. Consulate General.  I will bear all my expenses including the round trip to Canada.

I will make sure that leave Canada before the expiration of my authorized stay.  I request you to grant me a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada.

Please contact me via telephone or e-mail if you have any questions.

You can claim that the purpose of your visit is tourism (and a visit to the US Consulate). Since it is tourism, you do not need an invitation letter. What you need is proof of accommodation. You can simply book a hotel (i.e. reserve a room) in a hotel that does not charge your credit card till your arrival date. You can then upload your hotel reservation confirmation letter and also print a copy. After you have submitted your documentation, you can cancel the reservation. 

In the application form when it asks "name, address and relationship of any person or Institutions you visit"

Thank you Srikalyan for the reply..

Dear Officer,

I, xxxx, working as a xxx for xxxx located at xxx, USA.  I am planning to travel to Canada in December – 2013 for Visiting and Attend visa interview at U.S. Consulate General.  I will bear all my expenses including the round trip to Canada.

I will make sure that leave Canada before the expiration of my authorized stay.  I request you to grant me a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada.

Thank you very much for the template. I will use this. Did anyone got approved visa with this letter? 

@Sri Kalyan. I am on OPT now and H1B starts OCT 1st. Do i need to upload any docs related to OPT like EAD card or I20. or just I-797 is good?

Dear Officer,

Do we need to upload this letter under 'Invitation letter' option? Can you please tell me?

Thanks!

Archived