DS 160

vancouver916

Hello everyone

I am having my H1 visa extension renewal decision pending and my visa stamping date (at Vancouver,Canada) is  approaching 

how many days ahead should we submit the DS 160 form before the visa stamping date

Thank you in advance

1 week should be good. and worst submit it the day before you travel.

Hello everyone

I am having my H1 visa extension renewal decision pending and my visa stamping date (at Vancouver,Canada) is  approaching 

how many days ahead should we submit the DS 160 form before the visa stamping date

Thank you in advance

@ Vancouver916, 

1 Week should be good. 

When is your visa appointment ?

If you are planning to go for visa stamping immediately after your extension approval.  You might get PIMS issue. 

In my case , I applied for my Amendment on July 12th and it got approved on July 24th . 

I have attended my visa interview @ Vancouver on Aug 9th ( Exactly on 12th day ), My PIMS was not updated ( usually  it will take 3- 4 weeks after your extension, H1, Ammendment etc. Approvals )

So I got 221 G PIMS. It took 2 and 1/2 days for me. But took some time to issue my passport.

I had my interview on Friday, collected my passport on next Friday . 

It depends on the Visa officer, some Visa officers are approving the visa even though PIMS is not updated, and they are giving the Loomis tracking sheet, Some VO's are giving 221 G white and they just strike off Others section with PIMS. 

So if you are not in a hurry for stamping. I suggest you to wait for at least 3 weeks after your approval and go for stamping. 

Vancouver is a very expensive place.

All the best . 

@Shamanth

today visa got approved :)

i am having appointment on Sept -16th, waiting for the document to reach our attorney, it might reach attorney by Aug -26th. Immediately i would ask them to update the PIMS

and i guess everything should be good, right?

Thanks

yes if you have all the documents you are good to go. and dont worry about PIMS at all.

Archived