COS: H4-->F1related docs

Gautham Pai

Hello,

I have recently(July month) moved to US with H4 Visa.

When i wa in India i had already applied to college.

After coming now , i got I-20 and admission related documents.

Also got admission in college.

Now i am thinking to apply for F1(for CPT). COS from H4 to F1.

Trying to apply same from ELIS online (USCIS site), i have below question regarding the same:

1. What are the chances of success/rejection? I just came down to US and college (FALL 2013, 1st Sep)also not started, is that ok to apply now?
  2. Evidence of financial support: Me and my wife created join bank account and kept money that was mentioned in I-20, is that enough? how many month bank statement we have to show?
  3. Is that ok to mention work experinace realted information? I have 8 Years of Exp.

Thanks

Br,

Gautham

Now i am thinking to apply for F1(for CPT).     

Could you please elaborate this??

1. What are the chances of success/rejection? I just came down to US and college (FALL 2013, 1st Sep)also not started, is that ok to apply now?
  2. Evidence of financial support: Me and my wife created join bank account and kept money that was mentioned in I-20, is that enough? how many month bank statement we have to show?
  3. Is that ok to mention work experinace realted information? I have 8 Years of Exp.

1.Yes, that's fine. You can go to school on H4 while your COS is in process

2.I guess 6 months should be fine

3.That should be fine.

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for the response. 

If I get F1 status, I can start work under CPT ( ***, San Jose). This University allow us to take CPT during 1st SEM it self.

We have recently (1 month)opened Bank account here in US. Is that OK to give 2 months statements?

Can i show Indian Bank statements?

Thanks

Br

Gautham

Now i am thinking to apply for F1(for CPT). COS from H4 to F1.

An F1 is for studying, NOT for working.

Forget CPT. Cut that acronym from your vocabulary.

No real university would give out CPT to somebody who just signed up, anyway.

If you want to study, concentrate on studying. If you want to work, get an H1.

Anything else will only result in lots of trouble for you down the road.

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for the response. 

If I get F1 status, I can start work under CPT ( ***, San Jose). This University allow us to take CPT during 1st SEM it self.

Stay away from that institution. They are shady.

And avoid CPT. It would only result in problems.

NO real university would give out CPT to somebody who just signed up. *** is violating the rules.

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for the response. 

We have recently (1 month)opened Bank account here in US. Is that OK to give 2 months statements?

Can i show Indian Bank statements?

Thanks

Br

Gautham

Woow.....DO NOT JOIN THAT UNIV I repeat DO NOT JOIN THAT UNIV.

F1 is for studying not for work. If you want to work go for H1. It's been repeated 1000000's of times that CPT from 1st sem is fake. It doesn't exists. If you want to know more about 'CPT abuse' just search this forum. You have 8 yr of exp so don't ruin your career in US. If you work in CPT you have to forget US.

Archived