Expecting 221g - Muslim Name

ram0310

Hi

I have a common muslim first name and expecting 221g for my first F1 to H1 stamping.

Previously I got 221g in Delhi for my F1 which was cleared in 3 months.

I am a full time employee and working since 2 years after my MS in USA.

Now my question is should I go India or Canada for my first F1 to H1 stamping. I have high chances of 221g . Which embassy will take less time to clear 221g ? Time is really a important factor for me.

Seniors please help and let me know based on your experience what will be the best option for me.

I have to prepare myself for the worse after hearing some bad stories of 221g .

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I have a common muslim first name and expecting 221g for my first F1 to H1 stamping.

Now my question is should I go India or Canada for my first F1 to H1 stamping. I have high chances of 221g . Which embassy will take less time to clear 221g ? Time is really a important factor for me.

Seniors please help and let me know based on your experience what will be the best option for me.

Thanks in advance.

In Canada chances of getting the 221g solved is around 3 weeks. how ever there are some people who waited for months.

And not sure about India 221g any way go through this forums you can get all the info about 221g approvals and waiting times.

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ram0301 

Recently I came across this post. Please find the link below. 

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/61896-sucessful-stamping-in-ottawa-on-aug-12-with-common-muslim-name/

Don't worry.  Just prepare your documents better. And answer the visa officer questions. 

If in case of 221 G also @ Vancouver max 221 G process time is 2 weeks. 

All the best. 

It is really surprising to see few people with common muslim names who went to Canada for stamping , did not get 221g. I have been a victim once and my mom still waiting for 12 months because of name issue. The software which triggers the 221g for names should be same across all consulates. So there is a possibility they have updated their database to reduce false negatives which almost evryone fall into?. The datbase update which added millions of name in 2009 caused lots of false positives and we can see the number of 221g for common muslim name went uphill after that peiod. Could this be a light at the end of tunnel?. Please update us when you finish your interview.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if you you went for stamping yet.  I went to ottawa last week for my first H1 stamping and it was approved without any 221g.  I got 221g for my F-1 . I have a common muslim name. I know 2 other ppl with common muslim names got it approved without 221g.  I am not sure about other consulates in Canada but based on my experience Ottawa is the best bet. 

Archived