H4 Visa filing for my spouse residing in UK

ab_2811

Hi,

I have a question about filing H4 visa for my spouse residing in UK(Indian born UK citizen). We got married in May 2012 in U.S.A. After our marriage, he went back to UK as he works there. He regularly comes to U.S. on his British Passport as British citizens do not require a visitor visa. Now, I want to file H4 visa to get him to U.S.A as a dependent. My attorney says that H4 visa can be filed only for persons residing in U.S.A. Is that true?  Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a question about filing H4 visa for my spouse residing in UK(Indian born UK citizen). We got married in May 2012 in U.S.A. After our marriage, he went back to UK as he works there. He regularly comes to U.S. on his British Passport as British citizens do not require a visitor visa. Now, I want to file H4 visa to get him to U.S.A as a dependent. My attorney says that H4 visa can be filed only for persons residing in U.S.A. Is that true?  Please advise.

Thanks!

Your attorney is lying or ignorant. You can bring him on a H4 visa as a dependent.

Archived