Whats my current status: OPT Expired, got an RFE

kittikrishna

Hey guys,

My OPT got expired on may 24 and got an RFE recently. I know that i've to respond to my RFE before asking these questions but i want to know some important things about my status now.

-- Whats my status if my Extension is denied, at this point of time can i transfer to any university or i am out of status to transfer my Sevis.

Thanks,

Kitti

Hey guys,

My OPT got expired on may 24 and got an RFE recently. I know that i've to respond to my RFE before asking these questions but i want to know some important things about my status now.

-- Whats my status if my Extension is denied, at this point of time can i transfer to any university or i am out of status to transfer my Sevis.

Thanks,

Kitti

I think you will have a grace period of 30days(I am not sure in this case).

You can transfer to any univ, but at this short time it's not possible for transfer.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Kitti

You have a 60-day F1 grace period.

You can NOT "transfer to any university." Universities have deadlines. The application window for Fall is long over.

And avoid shady institutions who promise everything. They only want your money, and you end up in lots of problems, up to deportation.

Rahul: The only thing i am scared about my RFE is I didnt update my New Employer info in DSO and its been almost couple of months. Other thing is I've worked with an employer for 2 months unpaid and then 6months paid (had the pay stubs) and was on bench for another 2 months (no payroll ran but employed). Is there any hard reason that i can submit for this situation for being 2 months with no payroll after running my payroll for 6 months..

Thanks 

Rahul: The only thing i am scared about my RFE is I didnt update my New Employer info in DSO and its been almost couple of months. Other thing is I've worked with an employer for 2 months unpaid and then 6months paid (had the pay stubs) and was on bench for another 2 months (no payroll ran but employed). Is there any hard reason that i can submit for this situation for being 2 months with no payroll after running my payroll for 6 months..

Thanks 

Contact your school DSO, they will help you out.

Coming to the employment, get all the employment letters with dates mentioned on them then you are good to go. Relax, everything will be alright.

Archived