221 G PIMS

Vijay10

Hi All,

I had my interview on Aug 16th and received 221 G for PIMS update, the officer told  me it will take couple of days and gave me white slip. I am confused do I need to ask my attorney to update my PIMS or is it the embassy will update my information in PIMS and how long will it take to get the passport, do I need to collect the passport from embassy? 

Please help.Thanks

Hi All,

I had my interview on Aug 16th and received 221 G for PIMS update, the officer told  me it will take couple of days and gave me white slip. I am confused do I need to ask my attorney to update my PIMS or is it the embassy will update my information in PIMS and how long will it take to get the passport, do I need to collect the passport from embassy? 

Please help.Thanks

Relax, you are good to go. Take a look at this link

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/61777-vancouver-aug-14-221g-pims/

Hi Vijay,

I think Attorney has to send some details to USCIS, Generally attorney do it immediately after H1 approval but still it might take an extra day for Embassy to get your updated PIMS information, Its very common for many people as i have seen some of my frds had this situation of PIMS, But they did not get 221G. VO told them as their visa is approved but PIMS is not updated and it might take one or two extra days.I have my visa interview on Aug 20 and I had H1 extension recently, Am not sure weather my PIMS is updated or not. Keep us updated with your status.

Thanks,

Hi All,

Please help.Thanks

Hi Vijay, 

Nothing to Worry, If VO mention only PIMS on 221 G, Then you are good. I attended my interview @ vancouver on Aug 9th ( Friday ), Got 221 G PIMS  

It took exactly 2 n 1/2 days for me. Just keep on checking your status. All the best. 

Thanks All for your inputs, I will be checking my status so far nothing has been updated but hopefully it should be soon,

My Interview exp"

Me: Good Morning 

VO: GM

VO: She was typing something and said you work for XXX 

Me: Yes

VO: How long you been working for them

Me: 2 months

VO: Do you have Client Letter

VO: Can you give me the Client Letter, LCA and I-129

Me: Provided the doc's

VO: What do you do

Me: I work as XXXX

VO: How much do you get paid

Me: $$$$ per year

Vo: I am approving your VISA as your PIMS is not updated it might get couple of days late,

Me: Thanks, have a nice day

Thanks All for your inputs, I will be checking my status so far nothing has been updated but hopefully it should be soon,

My Interview exp"

Me: Good Morning 

VO: GM

VO: She was typing something and said you work for XXX 

VO: How long you been working for them

Me: 2 months

VO: Do you have Client Letter

VO: Can you give me the Client Letter, LCA and I-129

Me: Provided the doc's

VO: What do you do

Me: I work as XXXX

VO: How much do you get paid

Me: $$$$ per year

Vo: I am approving your VISA as your PIMS is not updated it might get couple of days late,

Me: Thanks, have a nice day

That seems pretty simple. Please confirm which location/country?

Archived